May 2020 IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Bacon for the Win) #32

I did 87 hours the last two weeks, and yes, that odd number made me nuts. That’s why I rounded up to 96! I had a late lunch yesterday which left me not feeling like eating when I was planning at 530PM. So I started at 2. I get home at 830AM and usually eat then, but if I sleep a few hours, I should be ok until 2PM.

We can definitely motivate each other!

(Tamela Robinette) #33

Let’s do this!!! Wooo hoo!

(Bacon for the Win) #34

oh it’s on!!
Right now I’m prepping a bunch of food for my husband, who is just starting IF for the first time. He’s T2 diabetic and insulin dependent, so we’d like to lower his insulin usage and get a few pounds off too. The food doesn’t even interest me right now.

(Tamela Robinette) #35

Fasting is the most efficient way to get him there! I hope you’re able to keep him motivated. I was just looking at my fasting history for last week in the LIFE app and I fasted a total of 131 hours! The longest fast was 44 hours. Most days I fasted 20 hours or more. Patting myself on the back because I hadn’t realized I had been that disciplined. Anyway, I had a few hunger pains about an hour ago. Went for a little walk and now I’m drinking some green tea. This too shall pass! KCKO!!!

(Bacon for the Win) #36

nice job, that’s some decent fasting times. And the hunger comes and goes. For the most part I’m able to ignore it. I do drink the keto-ade that’s posted somewhere on the forum and I do take my vitamins. Full disclosure, I had gastric bypass almost 20 years ago. Still struggle with weight. It’s not about volume of food, it’s the types of food and always has been. If I could go back in time I would not have that surgery. My hunger signals have been screwed up ever since.

Working tonight, hope to get a nap in later today.

(KCKO, KCFO) #37

Hey, has anyone found some topics missing lately? I can not find the Zornfasts for 2020 after January when I search either through the search field or manually from the Fasting subforum page. I need to know if it is just me or is it just a problem with the server. I get a lot of error 500s lately.

Posting the May Zornfast thread for anyone who wants to do it.

(Bacon for the Win) #38

I was looking for those a few weeks ago. Didn’t see any Zornfast after Jan 2020. Thought maybe it wasn’t a thing anymore?

(Tamela Robinette) #39

I haven’t had any problems searching however, I couldn’t get on the forums for a couple of days. I kept getting error messages.

(Tamela Robinette) #40

How’s it going NelleG? This is the 1st time I’ve been able to get on the forum since our last post yesterday. I kept getting that error message. I am almost to 59 hours! Woo hoo! Although, I’ll admit yesterday evening was tough. My stomach was growling some kinda bad and I almost caved but then I thought about our deal and I said “no, I’m pushing through!” We got this!

(Bacon for the Win) #41

I am so frustrated with this forum. Tried to log in before going to work and no go. Anything with the word “keto” is blocked at work, go figure.

But we’re here now! I’m at almost 43 hours, feeling pretty ok. We got this!

(Tamela Robinette) #42

Yeah I saw in the keto chat thread that Richard posted the harddrive is full which is causing issues. They are going to install a new one in the next week or so. Hopefully that will fix the issue. I’m not having any tummy growling this morning, just a really dry mouth. I had my ketoaid this morning and have been sipping coffee and water. We’re gonna cruise through this next 24 hours!

I haven’t fasted in months. I had supper at 6:30 last night (Tuesday) and am planning on fasting until at least 3 pm Thursday. Typically, I do TMAD, but want weight loss.

I’ve been walking 3.5 - 4 miles most days and have been hungrier as a result. I’ve probably strengthened muscles a bit, but still have a lot of fat to lose. So here it goes. I’ve put this in writing. Hopefully the forums will stay up so I can check in again tomorrow. :grinning:

(Tamela Robinette) #44

Good luck! You got this!

(Mame) #45

Wishing all fasters well on this fine Wednesday.

I will be trying for a nice 26+ hour fast tomorrow, I will be out of the house and prepared for anything :slight_smile: Small is good for me right now.

kcfo!

(KCKO, KCFO) #46

Yes, error 500 keeps coming up. I PMed Richard, he is in the middle of real life stuff, graduating and prepping to begin his Phd. He is aware and has a plan to replace some hardware, but it will take some time.

If would probably be helpful if more people joined the Patron account for the forums, since hardware isn’t free:
https://www.patreon.com/ketogenicforums/posts

(Tamela Robinette) #47

Done!

(KCKO, KCFO) #48

Thanks I hope others will join as well.

(Tamela Robinette) #49

Yeah me too. It’s a very minimal amount and if it keeps the forums going it’s worth it!

(Bacon for the Win) #50

@Robinette71

how’s your day? I slept just ok, it’s never good during the day. When do you end your fast? Leaving soon for work, won’t have access until home in the morning. Just checking in first.

(Tamela Robinette) #51

Well unfortunately I did not make it to 72 hours or 96. I made 69. Even with electrolytes and plenty of tea, coffee and water I developed a severe headache and some mild dizziness so I broke just now. I will still check in and support you and I will probably have lunch tomorrow and then start fasting again😁