MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Susan) #142

@monsterjuice
Diverticulosis is little pockets in the walls of your large intestine. You can have hundreds of them. When stuff gets stuck in one and it becomes infected it is diverticulitis. It is very painful. I am on two kinds of antibiotics, (good bye gut flora) and morphine. Liquid diet. This is my third episode in about 10 or 15 years. A coworker had to have a section of her bowel removed
because of it, but she is a very non compliant patient.

(Ashley) #143

Gotcha, theyā€™ve just told me to keep an eye on it because it can become diverticulitis! Thank you for the clarification!

(traci simpson) #144

Diverticulosis is when pockets called diverticula form in the walls of your digestive tract.

The inner layer of your intestine pushes through weak spots in the outer lining. This pressure makes them bulge out, making little pouches. Most often it happens in your colon, the lower part of your large intestine.

Diverticulitis happens if one or more of the pockets gets inflamed or infected.

(traci simpson) #145

Today was the longest fast for me. 20 hours! work was so busy I couldnā€™t even think about eating until 3.00. Last meal was last night at 7pm. Not sure Iā€™ll be able to eat again tonight since Iā€™m in bed around 10. Oh well! :rofl:

(Mame) #146

I hope everyone is feeling fine.
I ended my imperfect fast that I started Wednesday night at 42 hours (GKI = 1.5). around 4pm today. I did soooo much better than other work trips. I am really pleased. I am less pleased by how overfull I feel from tonightā€™s dinner. oh well. still a work in progress.
Now I have the weekend to regroup with 16-19 hour nightly fasts and get ready for next weekā€™s work trip. I am planning on success again.

Wishing everyone a lovely peaceful weekend.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #147

27+ hrs fasted. Just got in hotel half way home. Traffic was unpleasant but tomorrow should be better. I will not break fast till I get home. My lovely wife got what I asked for for breaking the fast. Iā€™m guessing I will get to at least 44 hrs.

(Ashley) #148

I also pretty much cut ties with my mom, not as long as you Allie but itā€™s been about a year, I still feel guilty sometimes about it. But sheā€™s a drug addict who always told me itā€™ll get better and never has and is all about herself and woe is me so I couldnā€™t take it any longer. I still worry about her everyday, but I canā€™t help her she has to help herself ( I have tried).

(Ashley) #149

Jody could you go into more detail about your eating plan, things you eat, do you macro or just eat til satiety? I want to start implementing a similar plan! Thinking fasting will help my stall and send my body back into burning mode since itā€™s pretty stagnant the last 6 months. My biggest thing I want to make sure is feasting days Iā€™m doing it right. Are you just water on non days?

(Allie) #150

Thereā€™s no helping an addict until theyā€™re ready to help themselves @monsterjuice. You have no reason to feel any guilt at all :heart:

(Ashley) #151

Very true! Maybe one day she will realize!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #152

I second that with the no need to feel guilty part. Just had the discussion with a friend.
With time it gets easier to let go of the guiltā€¦

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #153

My mojo arrived. I am thrilled!
Iā€™ll enjoy my last meal and look forward to having a motivation booster for my fasts.
(I am a numbers girl. Knowing that every tiny sweet thing will ruin my numbers will get me very complient) :sweat_smile:

(Ashley) #154

I want one but the poking I wouldnā€™t like, I am a wimp.

(Ashley) #155

Itā€™s just hard especially when today is motherā€™s day. I canā€™t even celebrate a good day with her. I know itā€™s not my fault, but itā€™s something as a daughter I should be able to enjoy and participate in.

(Tamela Robinette) #156

Iā€™m a little sad today seeing everyone celebrate their Mom. My mother is not a drug addict but evil to the core. I grieve for the mother I never had. People donā€™t understand how someone can cut their mother out of their life but I had to for safety reasons. Itā€™s just an odd holiday for me :pensive:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #157

Tamela, Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. It is sad but you have to do what you have to do.

I cut my mother out several years ago for about a year but then I let her back in. I barely speak to her though, even though she lives next door. It didnā€™t even occur to me to wish her a happy Motherā€™s Day until I saw it mentioned here. I feel really angry and ripped off that I didnā€™t have a loving, supportive mom. And donā€™t get me started on the people who say ā€œyou should be nicer to her, you only get one motherā€. No shit Sherlock, thatā€™s the problem! I only got one and sheā€™s a lemon!

Sorry, this is the fasting thread. Iā€™ll move alongā€¦

(Ashley) #159

Itā€™s hard for me as I have a lot of childhood memories of her, good and bad. She would go through phases of drugs and not. I think I also long for the same thing, I see people out and about with their mothers and wish that I had that. I know deep down sheā€™s a good person who just got into drugs ( which is very very hard for an addict to then get out of it). She also didnā€™t have a mother figure as her mom was out partying when she was little. So I partly feel for her cause I think with more guidance maybe I would of had a decent mom!

(Ashley) #160

This is exactly how I feel! And yes sorry for the change of subject! Happy motherā€™s day to everyone thatā€™s a mother, and happy fasting.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #161

I chose to stay away from my mom too for mothersdayā€¦

Everyone is constantly ā€œhonor, respect and love your parentsā€

Not every parent is deserving and people who didnā€™t grow up with a deranged parent will never understand.
I had the discussion on friday with a friend, she said ā€œI can not truly say I love my mom, but I feel guiltyā€
I was constantly reassuring her that there is nothing to feel guilty about. If they constantly hurt you and make you sick itā€™s absolutely fine to cut them outā€¦

Mine might not be ā€œevil to the coreā€ but sheā€™s very manipulative and never accepted me for who I am. I was a scapegoat all my life and didnā€™t have the safe haven at home when I needed it while I was bullied all my school life. She raised me to be codependent and very much the perfect pray for narcissists and I am constantly working on getting out of this funkā€¦

Hope Mothersday didnā€™t pull you down too far and you took care of yourselves :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: