MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

I made it to Monday. Whew! It’s been a water fast until now, but I’m having coffee withHWCto keep me going. Coming up on 70 hours, I think I’ll try to keep it going til tomorrow. I’ve had some hunger pangs and grumbling, but overall doing pretty good!

(hottie turned hag) #383

@Sharon_E awesome! Have a happy parakeet :parrot:

(Jane) #384

Way to go!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #385

I’ve started a 48hr to 72 hr fast this evening. This will be my first fast without coffee or tea. It will be interesting to see if I get an improved GKI.

Happy fasting everyone.

(Ashley) #386

Good luck daddy oh! Happy fasting!

Does anybody else weigh themself every time they pee? :crazy_face:

(Jane) #388

LOL.

I usually fast when I am out of town on business and eating on my own so I don’t have access to a scale so for me - no.

I don’t even know what the weight loss is or re-feed gain since I break a day before I come home and don’t weigh until the following morning so all I see is the net.

Well, I spent most of the weekend baking myself whilst weeding the garden, and all I thought was how nice it would have been if I had been Fasting. So after a nice meal today, mostly cooked on the grill, I informed the wife I am now officially Fasting. Not sure for how long, but was thinking of running the rest of the week with this one, but only time will tell. Honestly, I could really use a full system reset presently.

Happy Fasting folks! :+1:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #390

43h. I slept quite badly and not nearly long (deep) enough. I have a slight headache, other than that, I’m fine. Lets see how i feel after my black americano…

I don’t know what time my last meal was last Friday, but it was a late breakfast so I’m just calling it noon. Which means I’m at roughly 92 hours fasted. I did two 7-day back-to-back fasts last summer when I had never fasted before (didn’t know anything about it, didn’t supplement electrolytes or anything). So I feel confident I could keep going several days, but I don’t want to jinx it. Let’s just see if I can go one more day…

Fast on, everybody!!

(hottie turned hag) #392

#fastingninja

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #393

17 hrs in and having a light headache. I think that is from no coffee today. I have a few hives as well. Not sure if this is fat w/toxins burning or something else.

I’m going to wait an hour or two on the headache. If it does not go away I will drink 1/2 cup of coffee. I really want this fast to be a water fast for autophagy reasons.

(Tamela Robinette) #394

It certainly sounds like caffeine withdrawal Eric. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t reduced caffeine yet. I hate those headaches. For sleep quality I really need to reduce my caffeine, I just enjoy my coffee so much!

A long time ago I decided my boyfriend was drinking too much coffeeand getting too much caffeine. He was 6’ and 110lbs, and barely ate due to no appetite, so I think I was kinda justified. I secretly switched out his regular coffeefor decaf. The first time he drank the decaf he ended up on the couch, with a massive headache and generally feeling like crap. I remembered that caffeine withdrawal causes headaches, so I confessed and made him regular coffee. Pretty soon he was right as rain. Although, he accused me of trying to kill him. :laughing: :rofl:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #396

@Sharon_E

19 hrs fasted
BG - 83 mg/dL
BHB 0.6 mmol/dL

So far it has not helped my ketone level. I’m going to drink a half cup of coffee and try to solder through tomorrow. I love my coffee and green tea. If it doesn’t make a difference in my GKI I may abandon water fasting for now.

But this fast is going to be just 48 hrs (I realized this morning I have a work lunch on day 3 and don’t like to break fast outside of the home) and I hope to avoid coffee or tea tomorrow.

I hope the coffee helps!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #398

It is helping. Thanks

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #399

I broke my fast at 56h.
I was not really hungry, but I know my fasting mood. When my body is not quite ready to take on another day it goes into a “light depression” or “melancholy”… I am however getting less and less irritable and aggressive, which is nice. I definitely stay off alcohol for a while, I don’t care what my ladies think of it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::crazy_face:

I am fine with the current fast though
Stats at about 50h:
BG: 79
Ketones: 2.2 highest ever since I got my mojo

I finally decided to invest in the Heads Up health lifetime subscription. Found a sweet coupon code for 25% off DFX19 if anyone is interested.

My life is to short to fill out spreadsheets by hand, and I had to realize that numbers really make me happy and compliant :nerd_face:
(also I already was using so many of the compatible apps it was the next natural step)
I seriously love my apps and gadgets :nerd_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #400

Okay passed through my rough spot. Now 22hrs fasted. Still a bit itchy but not hives. Who knows. I can tolerate it and will take a shower tonight incase it is something topical.

I tend to do real well in the evening fasting and love the fact that I can sleep through part of the fast.

Do others see sleep as a fasting bonus period?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #401

Have you been out in the sun? I developed a sun allergy in recent years. When I forget to use sunscreen I will get itchi all over, even if I don’t get a sunburn…