MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #362

When I am in China they serve hot water with dinner. They think cold drinks are unhealthy so normally not available. If I can find a diet soda it is at room temperature and I never have access to a fridge when I am there. Never had a drink with ice it it there, either.

Happy birthday!

Thanks, Sharon. - Itā€™s actually my Ketoversary, one year today. :slight_smile: :+1:

Congratulations! But your profile says you joined in July? Or am I misunderstanding what ketoversary means?

Yeah, noticed that a while back after joining. Apparently it didnā€™t take or something the first time? Then joined when I realized it, which was then at that date. But started Keto on May 26th, 2018.

I wish I knew when I started. I didnā€™t keep track of anything back then. But I know it was in April of last year so Iā€™ve passed my ketoversary without even knowing it.

No, wait, I just remembered starting on April Foolā€™s Day last year. Yay, I remembered! Keto clarity FTW!

Back on topic: I am just past 50 hours on this fast. I waited til the end of the month but I managed to squeeze one in. I kinda fell into it. Friday I had a late breakfast but then decided to fast the rest of the day. Saturday I just kept going. Iā€™m going to try to go til Monday but weā€™ll see.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #368

You go Sharon!

Iā€™m about 40 hours in to at least another 65, maybe 72. Or maybe Iā€™ll go until Tuesday morning! (Hah. Probably not.) Yesterday evening I was a bit hungry, but not uncontrollably. Right now, moving towards mid-day, Iā€™m not remotely hungry. I feel like I ate breakfast a few hours ago. LOL.

A couple of weeks ago I gave up the electrolyte drops for my daily pitcher of water. I just thought Iā€™d see how it went and I seemed fine. I wish Iā€™d marked it on a calendar, because now Iā€™m thinking that it may have coincided with when I started struggling a bit with fasting. The last couple of days Iā€™ve been trying to at least take some mag and potassium late morning and add in a bit of salt. Weā€™ll see if that helps me.

(Mame) #370

In awe of the weekend fasters! Good for you all.

I may get a 24h one in while traveling tonight/tomorrow, although with the time change maybe notā€¦ It depends a bit on how bumpy the ride is :smiley:

Then who knows I may not be back on this thread with my own fasts for 2 weeks although I will be cheering everyone else on for sure.

Glad to hear of all the folks who are having success, and hope it continues to carry on. :+1: ā€¦ Iā€™ve been working out in the yard a lot lately, which has been nice. But have also been enjoying some nice meals. But I think itā€™s time to get in some nice Fasting now too! ā€¦ Since today actually marks the first day of my second year being Keto, I would like to start adding in some more Fasting again, as I did before my Surgery. But I think Iā€™ve also let enough time pass to start working out as well. So plan on starting some in the coming weeks. Mostly the Total Gym, Tread Mill and Rowing Machine. I think the combination of these along with some Fasting should be quite helpful with the rest of my progress. Plus, with all of the work Iā€™ve been doing in the yard, I would have really loved to have done this mostly Fasted, so maybe I can continue this here shortly. ā€¦ I might even start this year off with a nice Fast, either tomorrow or the next day to start? But since itā€™s a Holiday and three day weekend, not sure what we have scheduled?

Happy Fasting Folksā€¦ :+1: Will be setting my Fasting app to start very shortly. :smile:

(Carol) #372

@Digital_Dave Happy 1st Ketoversary!! I like the idea of starting off your second year with fasting and exercise. Goals are inspiring.

Next month is my 69th birthday and I weigh on the 1st of the month. I really want to start the month off right and am hoping I can squeeze in a little more fasting in whatā€™s left of May to feel really good about turning another year older. lol :slight_smile:

Thanks, Carol. Itā€™s been a good year indeed, and hope the next ones are even better! :slight_smile: :+1:

(Carol) #374

Iā€™m convinced they will be!! kcko :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #375

Weirdly enough for me itā€™s Monday morning and I am already 18h fasted. I feel good. Looking forward to 72h or even more maybe

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #376

Because it is a holiday in the states today I decided to start my fast after dinner today. I do best when Iā€™m fasting at work.

Here is wishing you a fantastic week of fasting.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #377

Me tooā€¦ this is why it was so weird for me yesterday being done after my early lunchā€¦

Happy fasting everyone.

(hottie turned hag) #378

Holy cow @Hardrock_keto_chick you are tearing this fasting thing UP :grinning:
kickass! (insert Cartman emoji) (can we get one up in here, devs?)

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #379

I would like to get where I was last summer. I was able to go up to 5 days without much trouble at all.

I have shifted my mindset around work, and the reduced stress is making all the difference. Also allowing myself to indulge in the more expensive beef cuts and tomatoes during the feast really klicked. and I stopped drinking for the time being (would only have some glasses of white wine or prosecco when going out, but it was keeping me in keto limbo and always slouching around closer to a depression than I wouldā€™ve liked.

Also I am really investing in a few new friendships I am building that is really giving me more of a foothold.

So for everyone that has trouble getting into it:
Twist and tweak until it fits you. sometimes it is super hard until you figure out what is slowing you down, but I am sure you can get back on the horse and just kill it, when the time is right :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::muscle::muscle:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #380

Ah and @Digital_Dave Happy belated ketoversary XD :partying_face::partying_face:

Thank you Maā€™am. :slight_smile: