MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Mame) #342

How nice to hear specifically that this happened for you. It gives me hope that it may be true for me one day. I do think I don’t have nearly as much loose skin as I ‘should’ on my tummy and arms after the first 60# gone…

Got it! Although for me it’s not just coffee, I hold to that saying:

‘if someone made me choose between coffee and bacon…I would smack the person trying to make me choose’ Not promoting violence here but this makes me crack up.

Anyway, I am at 59 hours, at work, sipping coffee with cream,and feeling empty and trying to enjoy it. I heavy lifted before work so I do feel rather hungry, but no ‘real’ food access until I get home 3pm at the earliest.
Actually took numbers this morning 530am before lifting: BG=62 BK=3.4 GKI=1.01
Will measure again before I break-fast later today, numbers should be even better then

This weekend will probably not fast at all except for ‘normal’ time-restrict overnight. Then Sunday night we leave for Europe and who knows what will happen. :cold_sweat: Not crazy about not having a plan. But then this is life, we can’t always have a plan.

I did buy a mini-scale so if I want that feedback I can get it. I am looking forward to the major stress relief!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #343

You are so lucky to have low BG in the AM and High BHB. My dawn numbers are not so strong.

I’m going to Germany, France for 10 days in August. I’ll skip breakfast most days. Will not fast otherwise. Plowman’s lunch (cheese and wurst). Dinner will wing it. No Beer. Maybe french wine 1 or 2 night.

Well, if you want to think of it that way, a 72-hour fast is just deferred hunger, too, so big whoop. Anyway, you made it six hours longer than you have been, so I’m declaring victory for you!

Thanks for this reminder. This is one big reason why I started fasting as part of my weight loss plan. I could probably keep trucking along and losing weight at a reasonable pace without fasting, but with a goal of about 90 lbs. total I was afraid I’d end up with loose skin. On days like today when I’m feeling unsuccessful in my fasting attempts, it helps to have some reminders to help me get my motivation back to keep trying.

Abstaining from doing today’s mid-day OMAD as I’ve been doing the past couple weeks, and simply waiting to eat later tonight instead. So this will only give me another small Fast, somewhere around 31 hrs. or so, but figured these Mini-Fast also add up. :slight_smile: … Might look at doing some longer ones in the next couple weeks. … Nice to hear that everyone is Fasting along and enjoying the benefits. :+1:

(Carol) #346

Enjoy your holiday!

That empty feeling and extra energy is like crack to me. (I think so anyway, never tried actual crack.)
Ended at 64 hours and am sad knowing that light feeling will soon be over…

This sounds like a great plan!

I think that is great - it is a success whoop! That’s BIG!

@Digital_Dave, I broke my short fast with a deviled egg. I know you eat a lot of these and like to change these up from time to time. I tried something new. I put sliced green olives with pimentos and Mexican seasonings in this batch. It’s a very good combo even tho it sounds weird

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #347

Sounds like something I would do. Yummy!

(Jody) #348

I am counting on this! :pray:

Nice! Not weird at all to me. :slight_smile: I do pickles in them quite often, along with different dressing too, such as Blue Cheese, Thousand Islands, etc. Or Taco Seasoning, Old Bay… But don’t think I’ve tried the Olives yet. But will soon though. :+1: Thanks.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #350

I broke my fast sooner at 34h.
I didn’t expect I would sponaniously hang out with my dad. The peanuts were shouting my name :sweat_smile:I wasn’t even hungry, but somehow it still was nice…

(Jane) #351

Excellent numbers!!!

(Mame) #352

Ended fast at 67 hours as planned – Was feeling super spacey, but I think that is from the ‘get stuff done’ before vacation list

BG=70
BK=4.4
GKI=0.88

considering I measured after a HUGE work-related-spaciness-self/blame cortisol spike that is quite amazing.

Happy weekend all!!

(Jane) #353

Great fasting numbers!!!

(Mame) #354

I am very lucky, my insulin resistance never progressed to T2D, I just kept packing on the pounds as long as I ate carbs.

Makes great sense. That’s basically what I think I will be doing.

Thanks and LOL
and wow did I have extra energy this week. I almost felt jittery and a bit self-conscious about it.

Thanks, my numbers encourage me that my metabolic health is improving. :smile:
This morning 10 hours after eating out and have caloric beverages (last night) I was happy to see BG=99, BK=1.8 GKI=3.05. Although I am wanting to eat breakfast this morning which is odd for me…

(Jane) #355

Going to enjoy my week home and do some keto cooking so won’t be fasting this week.

I’ll join you guys in the June thread next week.

KCFO

(Jody) #356

I broke this morning at 40 hrs, so I’m happy this week 3 alternate days fasting 2x40hr and 1x24 hr. Next week shooting for 3x40hrs! Woooot!

(Carol) #357

And now you’ve given me some new ideas - thanks! I’m thinking bleu cheese and bacon - how rich does that sound?!

I used both of those as well, but don’t think together? But sure sounds good. :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #359

I use both and also have not used this combo. I smoke blue cheese which might go well with homemade bacon.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #360

Today after a party next door I will start another fast of 48hr to 72. I’ve weaned my coffee consumption to 1 cup a day so I should be able to do a water only fast. I think the habit of drinking something warm will end up being warm water. That should be interesting.

Foing IF 18/6 today and my stomach is growling at me. I’m reminding myself that this means I’m burning fat.

(Jane) #361

Excellent!