MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #322

Yeah, mornings are the easiest for me also. Since I primarily eat TMAD my tummy starts growling at me twice a day around noon and 6-ish. It gives up and fades and is not the hangry hunger I had on SAD.

And I also find the last 4 hours or so of my planned fast can be tough mentally. I am soooo close to my meal that I start thinking about food and anticipating it. That in itself probably causes an insulin spike and stops autophagy LOL!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #323

The evening is the easiest for me. It is weird how we are so different. I’ve even sat with my ladies when they ate dinner.

I have this. Seems like the last 2 hours for me. But yesterday my BG 70 and BHB 2.4 meant I was likely in autophagy. I was relieved because I was ready to eat.

(hottie turned hag) #324

Weird af; after yesterday’s debacle (I described it in my hunger thread so won’t recount it again here) I determined yet again :expressionless: to go past my usual 24h and to 48h (all this vacillating is making me want to punch myself in the face) and dig this wtf thing that just happpened:

I was starting to get that ravenous hunger that’s been messing me up around hour 24 and preventing me going longer. I walked for an hour to distract, though fearing the exercise would make me hungrier too but I was about to cave so…

about halfway through the walk (brisk pace) HUNGER VANISHED :open_mouth:
am now back at desk and experiencing the old familiar empty but not hungry thing I love so much.

“Erm, ok so you’re saying you’ve been struggling with extended fasting, tried upping fat, upping intake, still failed then UPPED EXERCISE and it helped?”

#whenlogicabandonsyou

(Jane) #325

I took my numbers early as I will have to go straight to dinner when I get to Chicago to make my reservation. 45 min delay due to traffic. But I am THRILLED with my numbers since my fasting goal is autophagy.

BG: 63
BK: 6.6
GKI: 0.5
Boz: 9.6

:scream:

:smiley:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #326

Interesting observation. Now keep it going and see if it helps again.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #327

Jane

Wow. Fantastic numbers.

@BlueViolet, so glad you finally got past your sticking point!

I was doing okay this morning, but got home around 4:30pm this afternoon after being out all day and I was starving. So I decided to eat and today will end up being OMAD. Not sure what I’m going to do the rest of this week now.

(Mame) #329

Rightly so, very nice indeed. Did you water only fast? I think you do but suddenly I am not sure.

My numbers at 44 hours are nice: BG=65, BK=3.8, GKI=0.95.
And I had hwc in my coffee this morning.

This afternoon I did not feel hungry but cranky and kind of sickly. I have noticed this happening when my GKI gets under 1, especially BG under 70. Although distraction makes it ‘go away’ so then I think it’s just all in my head.

Anyway, happy fasting all! I won’t be eating until 3pm or 4pm Friday.

(Jody) #330

It’s kind of expensive but I decided I’m worth it!

(Jane) #331

Coffee with salt and water. I would only give up my coffee if (literally) my life depended on it.

Not a purist and I’ve fasted with black coffee only and putting the tiniest splash (not my usual glug glug) in my coffee and my fasting ketones and glucose are the same either way. So much easier for me with a tsp of cream. Last time I did a 72-hr I had a half pint of cream in my hotel fridge. After 72 hours and 2-3 LARGE cups a day I still has over half of it left. Enough to treat myself to a really yummy coffee with Truvia after I broke my fast.

(Jane) #332

I sent this to my husband with the text “my breakfast lunch and dinner today’ You can see what I mean by large coffee. :laughing:

(Jane) #333

I will say for me that the fasting has tightened up my loose skin. It is a VERY slow process but it is working.

My bat wings are half the size they were before keto and my tummy apron almost is gone. Not a flat tummy, but the tiniest crease and just a little left.

My legs have shrunk and toned up and I don’t exercise and have only dropped about 5 lbs in 8 months so I bet it’s the skin and fat that went with it. Instead of gaining once I got to my goal weight like a typical CICO my weight has been stable or slowly drifting down.

It was fun watching my legs. I carry most of my fat in my hips and upper thighs (“thunder thighs”). It started above my knees and when I stood up I had wrinkles above my knees that weren’t the before. I was like WTF?? Then, oh well - better than being fat. Then they went away and my legs started shrinking little by little up my legs. When halfway they really looked odd because so big still at the top.

Now they aren’t and my thighs don’t touch when I walk now. It amazes me how much faster I can walk without the friction!!!

I was late to the game to start fasting and none of the skin shrinkage happened until I did, which aligns with what Dr. Fung has observed in his fasting patients.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #334

Awww so cute! Thanks :hugs: . Back on for 24h. feeling good, probably eat tomorrow after Zumba (that should make it a 52h fast)

(Carol) #335

Hi everyone, I thought I would check in before the busy holiday weekend takes hold here. I’m happy to read so many are doing well on their fasts this week. I’m currently at 53 hours for a quick one and will end it somewhere in the 60+ range.

The rash discussion was interesting. I had a strange occurrence about a month ago. I noticed a million red dots on the back of one arm in the afternoon. Not itchy, not bumpy, just there. A few hours later same thing with the other arm in the exact same location. In a few days they started to fade and then dots appeared on the calves of my legs. After about 10 days all was back to normal. I’m hoping my body was getting rid of yucky stuff. And I hope that was all of it. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #336

the excersise portion is always a hit and miss for me.
Most of the time it will get me into ketosis faster and get me to my high quicker. (when I was able to fast in a more planed/coordinated way)
Usually I was stoping to eat on sunday evening (around 6/7 pm)
do zumba on monday evening (around 24h in, I would often “feel” my liver switching from glucose to ketones midway through the class)
then fun tone (intervall strengthm, cardio, areobic workout) on tuesday around 48h,
wednestay is my resting day,
thursday combat or zumba,
friday pump

Tuseday was always amazing to be in full ketosis, but the "detoxing issues were a bit annoying during gym class…
Hope as it gets warmer I can get back to occasionally doing my 5 day fasts… so easy to save money and have time for everything.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #337

My too. I think it was last October and I posted here that I will probably never do an EF. Never say never.

Congratulations on the skin. My tummy belly skin is tightening. Some on arms. I have a way to go however.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #338

I bet it was the body adjusting to fat loss and toxins. Weird it was.

(hottie turned hag) #339

@ZuleikaD

@daddyoh

@Hardrock_keto_chick

FML.
Yeah it worked…until 6p.m. :japanese_goblin:
Basically it deferred hunger past my usual hr24 all the way to hour…30. Big whoop.

*pounding head against wall *

(I’m obvi not a glass half full type)

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #340

If you so choose, it can be helped. It is something that can be retrained. Needs some work though.
I just hit 30h. Brutal fatigue is hitting all of a sudden and I don’t know why.
Had a great nights sleep with a lot of deepsleep…

my BKetones are at 1.9 no idea about glucose, had no strips with me…

(hottie turned hag) #341

heh heh nah I’m all invested in being a bitter old crone; I like it :woman_mage:
my formative years so severely mangled me I am fubar.