MAY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #282

Double yay!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #283

34h flew by. Feeling great for the first time in a long. Going to bed now. Letā€™s keep this going!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #284

48hrs in. Hunger today was more often than yesterday but less intense if that makes sense. Feeling awesome. Iā€™m expecting to wake up with little to no hunger in the morning.

My exercise tomorrow is one of my more intense days and that should be good at burning off dawn effect glycogen.

BG 65 mg/dl
BHB 1.4 mmol/dl
GKI 2.6
Boz 46

My mental goal of to reach a Boz ratio of 40 this fast. I think I just might get there tomorrow afternoon.

Iā€™ve had 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day and 1 cup of green tea per day. Will ween off coffee before the next fast. It will be interesting to see what that means for fasting and GKI/Boz.

Given my morning BG was 90 mg/dl a 65 mg/dl this evening is pretty delightful. My insulin resistance is melting (around my belly LOL).

(hottie turned hag) #285

@Hardrock_keto_chick Good going :smiley:!
You may get the fasting high, I used to around hours 36-40. Feels like a sudden joy jolt.

@daddyoh Awesome! Iā€™m not fat, Iā€™m big boned. Fasting kicks ass (said in Cartman voice).

(Jane) #286

Just hit the 24-hr mark. Hunger came and went today but never real strong - just background noise.

Cold and windy here in Chicago (does this place ever warm up???). Turned the heat on when I got back to my room and raised the thermostat to 72 F. Going to take a hot shower before I go to bed.

BG: 79
BK: 2.3
GKI: 1.91
Boz: 34

Happy with my numbers at 24 hours. Looking for autophagy so would like to see GKI under 1 before I break Thu at dinner but Iā€™ll take whatever I can get.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #287

I think you should be having some autophagy at a GKI of 1.91. And at 24 hrs. This is awesome. Stay warm.

Presently just over 25 hrs. and just finished making dinner for the Wife & Son. Went ahead and made extra to take to work tomorrow for my mid-day OMAD meal. So will probably break somewhere in the 40+ hr. range. Feeling fine, and did think of running through the week Fasting, but really want to put in some smaller Fast and also not weigh in Sunday morning for my 1 year Keto-Anniversary Fasted. :slight_smile:

Happy Fasting Folks, nice to hear most are getting along well presently. :+1:

(Mame) #289

Got my 22 hours and broke my fast at dinnertime.
GKI = 2.2 Tuesday afternoon, a big improvement from my GKI of 29 Monday morning!

Work stress is killer right now. The downside of preparing for vacation I will still go for the 3-ish day fast until Friday eve. Wasnā€™t able to start as early as I had planned. Not feeling super confident and feeling frustrated with myself for not feeling confident. Clearly need sleep. lol

Good luck with the fasting!!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #290

57+ hrs and a really good night sleep. Short dreams, at least what I remember, but vivid pictures.

BG 75 mg/dl (this is the best waking am BG ever. Is this related to my good night sleep?)
BHB 1.3 mmol/dl - (if anything my ketones are consistent)
GKI 3.2
BOZ 58

Going to take this to ~70 hrs today. That will be my 2nd longest fast. Hope to see the Boz ratio <40 this afternoon.

Happy Wednesday team fasters. I hope your are all doing great.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #291

Mame,

Hang in there. Go easy on yourself. I hope your work stress eases up.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #292

this morning I had to break. My Stomach was hurting and I had a hunger headache going on. What a pitty after yesterdays high. Still a solid 40h water fasting sounds good enough to me. Having two meals today (breakfast and dinner) and then trying to get in a second fast, about the same lengthā€¦

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #293

Sounds like the perfect reason to break the fast. Good luck on the next one. Youā€™ve got this!

Hello happy fasters, on 12hr of who knows how long. I have been having a hard time fasting lately and really missing my empty feeling. Did 1 48 last week but then couldnā€™t get past OMAD. Hopefully this week will be betterā€‹:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

(Jane) #295

38 hours in and slept well and not hungry this morning. Enjoying my fast now that I am past the first day.

BG: 79
BK: 1.8
GKI: 2.44
Boz: 44

Not too bad for first thing in the morning.

Good luck fellow fasters!

KCFO

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #296

Excellent Jane.

(hottie turned hag) #297

Ack ! Me! :unamused:

(Mame) #298

Happy Wednesday fasters and feeders.

I am at 13 hours and feeling good at the moment. Planning on at least 60 hours. Will use fasting crutches in the evenings if I need them.

I ran out of the door late this morning so GKI measurement will need to wait for post-work. Sore from working out yesterday. Good luck to all!

(hottie turned hag) #299

@cervyn what are these magical things you speak of?
(and :blue_heart: for having your dog as avatar. Dogs rule.)

@Hardrock_keto_chick erm heckyeah 40h is sweet! And youā€™re going for the same again so soon? Excellent. Hereā€™s some random cute :clown_face: :rhinoceros: :bird: from me to you.

(John) #300

For me, the tricks I used to get past the 24-hour hump were to consume more non-caloric but flavorful beverages than I normally do. Any kind of tea or tisane (herbal tea), coffee (regular or decaf), flavored zero-cal unsweetened sparkling water, regular old water, infused water. Electrolyte water (or just salted water) may help as well.

First intentional fast I did, which was 36 hours, I hit the 24-hour wall too. I just kept chugging various beverages. Decaf, herbal teas, water. After a couple of hours it subsided and it was clear sailing.

You can also use chicken broth, which is only about 10 calories per 8 oz cup, generally not enough to affect a fast.

Went ahead and broke at 40 hrs, being I have meetings scheduled for the rest of this afternoon. :slight_smile: