May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(KCKO, KCFO) #321

I find bad, wet weather really makes me crave foods, any foods. Glad to know I am not the only one who feels that way.

(Allie) #322

Me too, especially cold weather.

(KCKO, KCFO) #323

This month’s Zornfast is up, it is a great place to get friendly support, no food words or photos allowed on her thread if that kind of thing bothers you, this is a safe place. Newbies and experienced fasters are all welcome.

(Shayne) #324

As far as family being supportive… At first my daughter would roll her eyes at me. I never suggested it to her and would never push her to do it but she recently started doing IF herself. I guess getting youtube on the TV and streaming Dr. Fung and Dr. Barry and Dr. Berg’s videos have had a bit of an impression.

Yesterday she didn’t start eating till after I got home from work. She said it was killing her because dinner was in the crockpot and she said it smelled good.

I wasn’t planning an EF this week, but now I’m considering it. As I was getting something out of the freezer this morning for tonight’s dinner, I was … I don’t even know if I have a word for it… just “ugh” about the whole process of deciding what to have and then trying to figure out what to do with it… and hoping my daughter would want to grill it (she’s learning how to grill - and if she does it, then I don’t have to).

(Allan L) #325

Just completed a 45 hour fast! Was aiming for 60 hours but hunger got the better of me.

Will kick off another fast tomorrow afternoon till Friday midday! Out at a client office on Thursday and always get weird looks when lunchtime comes around and I announce “I don’t eat lunch”

They always ask “But what about breakfast” so I make things up like “Oh, I ate a huge plate of bacon and eggs”. Keeps the situation calm! :slight_smile:

(Kirk) #326

Yeah Steve, I suspect your dad is the same vintage as mine.i don’t even broach the subject of keto. I was at his place yesterday doing a lot of chores he can’t handle anymoreat 89. I justlet my lowest weight since highschool. Speak for itself.

(Kirk) #327

Typing in direct sunlight is hard

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #328

Ahhh yes. The ‘one huge meal a day’ lie.
I rely on this so often myself :rofl::rofl:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #329

Well, it’s coming up on hour 71 for me and I can’t stop thinking about those short ribs that will be done in 2 hours! This has definitely been one of the more difficult fast because of the feelings of brain fog, hunger pangs, and even some weakness. I probably won’t do another EF this month.

(Liz ) #330

Glad it’s drawing to a close for you, those tough fasts suck!! I’m going to try a Zorn fast this month. Not my usual schedule. I’m nervous because my last fast was so good I feel like I’m due for a lousy one lol. Ah well. Feast up! Replenish those nutrients.

Made it to 60 hours - woke feeling awful at about 3am so had some water and macadamias. Managed to get back to sleep eventually but ravenous on waking so had breakfast. Back to 18:6 for a few days. :disappointed:

(Victoria Mc Coy) #332

Trying for a five day fast this week. Nearly halfway there! I would do the Zornfast, but I find it much easier to fast on weekdays when I have work to distract me, and more enjoyable to feast on the weekend when I have more time to cook and socialize. Do Zornfasts always include the weekend?

(Allie) #333

I settled for a 24 hour fast this time so had food last night. Eating as normal today then thinking of aiming @ 48 hours Thurs & Fri… :slight_smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #334

Post 72 hour fasting thoughts…

This was one of my toughest and it was my 3rd 72 hour fast in 3-weeks. 1st fast = 2lb loss. 2nd fast = 1lb loss. 3rd fast = 0 lb loss, but maintained current weight. The one thing, and main focus of my fast was to move into that Autophagy zone! So, I’m counting all 3 as successful. Fast on my friends and may the force be with you!

(Victoria Mc Coy) #335

Always nice to come over the mountain top on day three.

:sunny::coffee::grinning:

(Doug) #336

I made it to 3 days yesterday too. Weird fast it was - distracted by thoughts of food at 18 hours, felt great from 22 hours through 67 hours, roughly, but just “had to eat” in the evening. Still have 100 lbs to lose (and probably 70 or 80 comparatively ‘easy’ lbs there), so not sure what is going on.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #337

@OldDoug it has been my experience the last 9 months that the more difficult fast’s are the least successful…for me that is. It’s also an indication to me that I need to take a break from fasting. Kinda my body’s way of saying…backthefuckoff

(Doug) #338

Rusty, I don’t know what to think. If I was 30 lbs from goal weight, it’d be different, but 100, maybe even 100+… man, I just don’t know. Wasn’t in the mood to force it, and there’s always another day (and feel great today) and the next fast, whenever it is.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #339

Patients my friend…you didn’t gain it in a year and you won’t lose it in a year. (Please don’t take this as me giving you a lecture.). I learned from the podcast about brown fat. Ever since I heard that, I just relaxed and let everything happen in its own time! Your a tough guy and I know how you feel…keep up your hard work. You will reap the benefits…!!!

(Doug) #340

:slightly_smiling_face: It’s all good, Rusty. Maintain the calm we will.