May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

(Jennifer) #121

I’m in, need to get rid of shark week bloat. Crazy that l gain 5-8 pounds every single freaken month.

(Linda) #122

Thanks @Brenda, will start taking them again.

Now at 63.5 hours and just completed a 2 hour walk around lovely Sydney Harbour - 10km’s so far and about another 5km’s to go before I get home.
Feeling good and intend to go through to Sunday, but I’ll see how I go.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #123

Yes, because most of my bodyfat was lost my first 3 years ketogenic. I only had my first DEXA a few months ago.

But I’ll tell you my LBM. 127, which for my age and height is freakin awesome :slight_smile:

(What The Fast?!) #124

That IS super awesome. My LBM is only 101ish, I’m going to get a DEXA soon!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #125

It peaks, then begins to go down

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #126

There is one center in Edina. Look for a Groupon deal. The company is called DEXA Fit
$150
$100 with a groupon

(What The Fast?!) #127

Woo hoo! 24 hours! My first full day fast! See you in the morning!! If someone can give me their opinion on whether I’m supposed to feast or eat normally tomorrow (36-38 hour fast), that would be awesome!

(Henna Selnes) #128

Woke up 3 hours ago,so I am 15.5 hours in. Also this is my first zorn fast. I have made 44 hours befor but never longer, so I have chose this as my new goal. :crossed_fingers:t2:

(Jim Russell) #129

Dang it. I was planning on doing this but then I forgot about and started feasting a couple of days ago. Anyway, I’m at about 63 hours and feeling fine. I’m planning on going 72, but we’ll see if I feel like extending that in the morning.

(Jodi) #130

Ok, am no expert here, and this has been slightly confusing to me also.

I think you are supposed eat normally following a smaller fast, but if you are fasting regularly and for longer periods, that’s when you can use the fasting/feasting cycle. Also, I think it’s something people have started to do to change things up in order to break a stall, but it is not required when fasting.

Again, this is just my understanding of it, not sure it’s correct. :blush:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #131

Just woke up and am at Hour 33:52 hands down my longest fast!! I am feeling alright, a little headache so i took some salt this morning (i just put some in my hand and lick it lol chased by water) and willl take some magnesium potassium supps later. here comes day 2 and im excited how itll go!

(Linda) #132

Thanks @Adam, I actually breezed through it, but then I’m pretty single minded. I didn’t ever cheat and ate a lot of the foods over and over just to keep it simple. Luckily it led me to Keto and I’m still maintaining.

Am now 71 hours in, my longest ever. Walked 18km’s today with no ill effects, same energy as I normally have when I’ve eaten. Keto rocks!:grinning:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #133

Hey guys, so i literally just posted lol but this is a first for me. My gut/stomach seems almost “hot”. I got a normal hunger feeling but then it seemed like my stomach got heated up, is this just my body literally feeling the burn lol? should i take my mag supp to curb the hunger a bit? Besides the weird stomach feeling and slight headache I feel fine!

Motivating - thanks!

(James storie) #135

Don’t feel bad, I did the same thing. It happens! :smile:

(Regina M.) #136

Okay . I’m in. My last meal was at 7 pm, so 12 hours in. I’m going to try to water fast this time. We’ll see how it goes.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #137

Your choice. The feast/fast cycle isn’t an exact protocol, that’s the whole point. As far as a constant hyper caloric diet, that isn’t what was meant by feast fast either. Revving up your metabolism before fasting is the trick.
So, let’s say I know I’m going to fast Wednesday of next week (I’m not! This is an example).
I may feast for two days beforehand to rev up my metabolism. Eating hypercaloric speeds up the metabolism as the body goes into overdrive with the excess fuel, then, while its all revved up, you fast. The subsequent fast is entered into with your body primed at a faster metabolic rate. Bingo. More bodyfat burned during the fast.

Do you need to maintain a constant hypercaloric then fast cycle? No. I don’t feast hypercalorically after any fast. I’m not as hungry for several days after a fast. Less food satiates me.

I would say, pay close attention to how your body feels. There is no exact way to incorporate a feast fast cycle. No rules. It’s a pretty relaxed method, and that’s the whole point.

Change it up. Keep the body guessing. Don’t let your body settle into a routine or it will maintain it’s decided stasis. And weight. That’s it’s job. We need to trick it for its own good. Lol

Fast/Feast cycling
Feast then fast
(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #138

I’ve not heard this helps, but caffeine curbs any hunger or empty feeling in my gut. Also, time helps. The longer you fast, the easier it becomes. Around hour 24 is most difficult for me, day two is pretty easy and I begin to feel euphoria, day three is smooth sailing, by day four (today) I feel I could fast forever.

Never get lax on your sodium supplementation and remember to hydrate!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

@ReaperScoob

Try making KetoAide. It does have magnesium. Also sodium and potassium. I drink 2 to 4 bottles a day while fasting.
KetoAide homemade

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #140

80 hours fasted and all is well.