Feast then fast

(debbie.segouini) #1

Do any of you do this? I’m interested in doing it since I listened to the switch it up podcast as it makes total sense but. It sure where to start.

Yesterday was a feast day and I ended up eating dinner after 10pm which was a burger with some cheese and pork rinds. Later in the night I was up with awful trapped wind and bloatedness. It was agony. Today I decided to fast to give tum a break.

What should I be doing to maximise this regime? What does a usual feast day look like for you?
How long do you feast/fast for?

Thanks!
Deb

(Jennifer) #2

I usually just eat a little more fat (to satiety - I try not to get too full) the day before I start fasting and the day after I stop. Then I eat normal which is either 18/6 IF or 23/1 IF.

How long had you fasted before doing that meal? Could have been the large meal right before bedtime, could have been the macro composition, could have been that it was all rather “greasy” (I think this can be a subjective thing for some people, as a separate quality in a high fat % meal) … try ending your fast earlier in the day next time and see how it goes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

I eat a bit more good fats the day before and the day after fasting. Seems to work ok for me. I have my daily cal. goal set to 1450+ exercise calories, about a 15% deficit. (10c/70f/20c) This is a guideline for my eating, I am over it some days, and under it others. I don’t stress out if I don’t hit them all.

I also try to start my fasting around 6-7 PM. That way I can fast for 72 hrs. easily and if I feel good and want to extend, I can add another 12 hrs. easily since I will be sleeping most of those hours.

This is working for me. I had started new Atkins induction phase lend of July 16 I had regained 30 lbs. it took me almost 2 years to loss and gained it back in one. Around Jan '17, started to stall out often, and that is when I discovered the 2dudes and fasting protocols. I started doing IF in Feb. and finally went to extended fasts towards the end of May, Did the May Zornfast and have now done a few 72+ hrs. fasts for the last few weeks. I’ve finally hit my goal weight and set a new target a few more lbs. under that to give myself some breathing room.

Hope this works out for you.

(debbie.segouini) #5

Wow that’s great!! Well done.

(debbie.segouini) #6

That was a day fast. I had really lowered my dairy intake so think it was the cheese that pushed me into the pain zone. Lesson learned! I’m still a bit fragile.

So today I am feasting after a days fast yesterday as I couldn’t face food. Thinking I should fast again from tomorrow evening and try to push it to 36 hours, if not longer.

I’m pretty clueless with this new feast/fast thing! I could easily carry on indefinitely with 23/1 but know that’ll slow my metabolism down and be counter productive so I want to keep my body guessing!

If you eat enough during the 1hr you should’t experience metabolic slowdown. How much do you weigh?

(Adam L) #8

Here’s some wisdom on this topic

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

Oh God. How did that happen. Lol. I went back and edited my original post.
BECAUSE GRAMMAR

(Adam L) #10

Ha ha I hadn’t even noticed!

You’re choice @Brenda

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

NOICE!
:hat:
:floyd:
:zornface:

(debbie.segouini) #12

A lot!!!

I’ve decided to fast in week and feast at weekends. Just did a 38 hour fast easily and currently feasting. Monday I may go for a three dater!!!