May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

(Sierra) #41

I’m going up to my in-laws house the 19-20th so I’ll fast the 16th, 17th, 18th this month. My mother in law is an amazing cook! Plus I’ll never hear the end of it if she knows I fast! It’s not worth the drama. Sometimes fasting is best kept unspoken, lol.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #42

The first day (and evening) of a fast is always the most difficult for me. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will sail effortlessly through until Sunday.

(James storie) #43

I think you may be on to something, when the runners high happens, your energy levels out and the pain subsides. You feel like you can go on and on! Sounds a little bit like ketosis to me!

(Joe Sullivan) #44

Thanks for pointing out the new app. I just downloaded it and will give it a try.

Starting my fast right now. This is going to be interesting…

Lol I second this statement. I would only run if something terrible :japanese_ogre: was chasing me.

I’ve decided to go ahead and start my fast tonight. I was originally planning to start last night, but this dang cold was still hanging on. My goal is at least 3 days, but 4 would be great.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

I am officially fasted 19 hours and 29 minutes. My body is used to a meal this time of day. Like I’ve said before, the first evening is hard for me.
It is difficult now.
I will get to sleep early tonight (by 10, latest. I normally stay up until midnight) and by morning I’ll be able to rock the fast for DAYS.
I’ve been doing these fasts for over a year. I have built up the confidence to know I can accomplish it. It helps to focus on the end goal. Even the things I cannot see such as autophagy and HGH release. I know it’s happening, because science. It feels good to give my digestive system a break too. I will only be drinking water, coffee, and black tea. No sweeteners. No broth (it makes me hungry). Definately salt and ketoaide!!!

I love how loose my clothes get after a few days, but most of all, I dig the super charged high I get. I’ve learned to use it to clean and organize my house. I anticipate getting a fuckton of work done this week! GIDDY

(Linda) #48

Woke up this morning and just decided it was the right time to start my fast now! I’ll go for the 3 days as planned and if I’m still feeling good, will continue to Sunday.
Last ate 10pm last night (Monday), so now 15.5 hours in with only water and Celtic salt consumed. Longest fast so far is 66 hours so I’m aiming to completely smash that.

(Keenan) #49

I have been doing IF and managed one longer fast. I am ready to join this month.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #50

31 hours and 16 minutes and all is well. As usual, a lot of fluid loss around the 24 hour mark. Ate some salt this morning. I plan to mix up several bottles of ketoaide and take them with me today. This is lift Day, We’ll see how I smash it at the gym. I always have, even fasted several days. I feel good this morning, the fasting high is beginning to settle in.

I FUCKIN’ LOVE MY KETO LIFE

(Tom Seest) #51

I must just be a little ahead of you now. I’m at 35.5 hours.

Today and tomorrow, in theory, will be the worst for me, and then I won’t want to end the fast on Saturday when I’m at a wedding. I hate ending a fast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #52

I usually feel the same. I absolutely love how I feel when fasting! I’m past my difficult point now, which for me is hour 20-24.
I’m currently at hour 33. I timed the rough part so I slept through most of it. You’ll be there soon @tdseest. Hang in there.

(James storie) #53

Alright mark the clock! My fast officially began at 12:30 today! I’m so stuffed I don’t want to think about food for a couple days! Crackslaw for the win!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

36 hours 35 minutes

(Lindsay Lake) #55

I’m in - My first extended fast! New to the forum and I’m on my 4th week of Keto. I’ve completed one 24 hr fast and it was pretty effortless, so I thought I might as well try for an extended fast (I’ve heard all about them on the 2 Keto dudes podcast and am excited to see how it feels!).

Starting mine after dinner tonight! Aiming for 60 hours.

(Joe Sullivan) #56

I’m 21h 41m in and feeling great. Two hours ago the hunger pains we’re pretty bad…

I hadn’t checked this thread til today - I started fasting 1pm Mother’s Day so I am 51.5 hours in. Feeling fabulous - rode my bike 26 miles and energy was wonderful. I’m still slow as a snail but that’s ok - I enjoy the scenery. My goal is three days - though now I’m feeling so good I wonder if there is more benefit to doing more? Partly I feel like I made a commitment to myself for 3 and so that’s what I should do but there’s something strange about my logic - like I’m negotiating with the part of myself that still believes this is hard - when in fact it’s not.

(KCKO, KCFO) #58

My first long fast was going to be 3 days, it ended up at 81 hrs. because, I just didn’t feel like I needed nor wanted to eat at the end of the 3 days. Ride it out and see where it takes you. Eat when you feel it is time to break the fast, and just enjoy it till you reach that point.

I’m going to start the Zornfast tonight after my dinner, will just ride it out till it doesn’t feel like the thing to go.

(Carol Barbeler) #59

I wonder if the Zorn fast will give me the confidence to go beyond 72hrs fasting… am waiting for the ‘fasting nirvana’ to kick in… I don’t find it particularly difficult, but hunger for me is still present at 72hrs, although it comes in waves.
Will start tomorrow (18th in Australia), as did a 72hr fast finishing Monday night, and need to feast a bit to make sure that fasting and feasting are well delineated. My best wishes to all on the fasting train…

(AnnaLeeThal) #60

I’m 43.5 hours fasted so I’m in early too!