May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

I’m so proud of myself! And so thankful to @Brenda and all the other support I’ve received here. I’m past the 72 hour mark!!

(Steve) #182

22 hr mark and it is tough. It’s been a stressful week, and I tend to stress eat. I know I just need to power through this evening and I should be able to make it… Summoning all my Zorn Strength!

You got this. Get side tracked until bedtime and you have it made.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #184

I’m at hour 91:33

It gets easier. Food smells set me off. I’ve been keeping busy.
Here’s a trick: if what the scale says motivates you, strip down nekked and hop on it! Since Sunday night I’ve lost 6 pounds. At least half will stay off! And I like to see the number. Even if the scale is an asshole most days.

I’m getting a helluva lot done. My bike loves me, I can tell you that!
Maybe some pretty nail polish will fix this, yes? Lmao

(Jim Russell) #185

I tapped out at 80. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #186

80 is decent!!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #187

I’m about 10 minutes and 24 hours into my fast. The first 10 minutes were a breeze, the next 24 hours not so much.

I had a few greens with my medication this morning. Normally I’m not hungry in the morning, but for some reason the greens made me very hungry.

I’ve been battling waves of hunger all day. This is only my second fast, my first one was about 36 hours and that was a little easier at the start.

I’m going to keep on going and see what tomorrow brings.

(Jim Russell) #188

I would suggest adding vitamin k2 if you’re supplementing with calcium.

Without k2, calcium is as likely to be deposited in your arteries as in your bones. This is a bad thing.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2008/3/protecting-bone-and-arterial-health-with-vitamin-k2/Page-01

(Patty W) #189

Whew! I though I lost my mind for a minute. I came to check the thread as I’m starting my fast this evening, & started seeing all these folks reporting post 24 hr results,…I thought maybe my Siri calendar was playing a little joke on me.

Oh well, better late than never. 5/18 18:30 go-time!

(Linda) #190

Just over 87 hours in and still doing fine. This is my longest fast so far and it’s great to read everyone’s posts as it keeps me motivated to keep going. I’ll see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.
Keep it up everyone!

(James) #191

I’m at just over 36 hours. Had some hunger on the way home from work but knew it would pass soon enough. Walked in the door and I’m hit with the smell of brownies my Father recently cooked. OMG! The whole house smells wonderful now. I’m not giving in though, I’m heading to 72 hour…

(George Hernandez) #192

Happy to join in on my 1st ZornFast.
I have just a few IFs and an 84hr Fast under my belt.
Thanks for the motivation!

(Cathy Schroder) #193

It’s Friday night here in Australia and I’m about 32 hours in. I’ve only gone further once, and on that occasion I made it to 60 hours before I felt ill and threw the towel in.

It really does help to know that I’m not the only one doing this. Keep posting so I can keep reading and many thanks to @brenda for leading the way!

(Linda) #194

Now almost 96 hours in. I’m in Sydney so going to go to bed now and see how I feel in the morning. This has been by far the longest fast I have done, so no need to keep going to break any records.

I still feel fine, no headsches & plenty of energy but I don’t have any weight to lose so I’m really doing this for the health benefits, not for weight loss.

I feel like I could go on forever, but obviously that is not an option! Has anyone got any suggestions on when I should stop. Is there a health benefit in continuing till Sunday or have I maxed out the benefits of autophagy?

(Steve) #195

Survived the 24 hr time frame last night and feeling good this morning. Got my ketoaid mixed and at the ready. Also working from home today, so I should be a little more relaxed and able to concentrate with less stress.
34 hrs and still Zorn Strong :slight_smile:

(Adam L) #196

THIS IS GOLD

Thanks for explaining it this way. Heard & read reports of people feasting pre AND post fast & gaining little or no weight during any feast - even the post fast feast - what the fuck . It certainly didn’t work like that for me so I was getting frustrated & thinking feast/fast was not for me. You have reminded me that the feast is meant as a pre fast metabolism boost and that there is a third option beyond feasting or fasting called eating!

(Lauren) #197

35 hours and 40 minutes. I’ll break at 36. I’m satisfied with that for my first fast longer that 24hrs.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #198

Currently at 60 hours, crushing my old record of 32! Going to try for 72, possible hold off eating til Saturday, never thought it would be possible! Love this thread, helps with the commitment lol

(Jodi) #199

I’m at 68 hrs, this is officially my longest fast. I feel good, and have felt good the whole time, even through the hunger waves. I’m probably going to break it at 72, not decided for sure yet.

I feel so empowered! :slight_smile:

(MakinBacon) #200

62 hours done. Tomorrow is going to be the hard part for me. That’s when the mental games kick in. Plus it’s Saturday, and I don’t have work to keep me distracted.