May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

No, yesterday I just walked, but I did do strength training right before I started the fast. I seem to get into ketosis pretty easily in general, though. On most normal days I am between 2 and 3.

(What The Fast?!) #162

That is incredible!! My highest so far has been 2.8 (that was today, 35 hours into fasting) and before that was 2.7, the day after a 3 hour bike ride with lots of hills.
How long have you been doing keto?

Almost 10 months now. Still a newbie at fasting.

(What The Fast?!) #164

2 months for me, this is my first fast! Woo hoo! Just a baby fast (36ish hours) - Iā€™m about to go break it here in a few.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #165

good to know! thanks for the insight :slight_smile:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #166

Great Work!! How are you feeling thus far in the fast? where was your biggest struggle? Ive been doing Keto on and off roughly a year and a half, and have done IF longest before was 24 hours. Currently im at 40:48 on this fast!! It is incredible the difference the second day lol not nearly as much hunger pains and took enough supps i have no headaches! Love seeing others beginning on fasts and see how they also improve, such a fascinating way to heal the body and it is still so ā€œtabooā€ in the mainstream

(Togipeidia) #167

18 hours in feeling great Iā€™m excited to do my first Zorn fast

(Becky) #168

15.5 hours in! The longest Iā€™ve fasted so far. I forgot my supplements home. So just water today. I plan to stop to buy the ingredients for ketoaide on my way home. My stomach is beginning to growl. I need to break this 5 month stall!

(Roxanne) #169

Since I started asking a calcium citrate tablet to my supplements (I already took magnesium and selenium) my leg cramps have decreasedā€¦thanks Brenda!

Just ordered some, thanks. I like that those have D3 too since I already supplement that.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #171

Supplement at minimum your sodium. Eat salt.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #172

@Donna told me about it. She said itā€™s often not known that it helps with preventing leg cramps. Sheā€™s so fucking smart. When she told me about it two years ago I trusted her knowledge. So glad I did!!

(Sierra) #173

I mix a few calcium tablets into my ketotic-aid because I get insane cramps when I fast. It helps.

(Sierra) #174

hour 40 and the mind games start for me.
Wondering what others biggest struggles are and when they happen?

(chris.coote) #175

For me, the hardest is when things slow down at nightā€¦ 24 and 44 are
usually the worst. Just remember, it comes in waves and the waves do passā€¦

(Roxanne) #176

Well then thanks @Donna!

(Lauren) #177

21 hours in, and Iā€™m hiding in my room. I am not ready to watch everyone else eat supper.

(Ted) #178

Timing seems to work for me so, what the heck, I;m in. My wife will complain that Iā€™m not having meals with her but Iā€™ll just remind how sexy I look now!!!

Hang in there! Iā€™m no expert, but it certainly got better for me past that 24 hour mark!

yes, thanks @Brenda and @Donna for the calcium info!