Marmite chaffles

(ANNE ) #1

So this is for the MARMITE lovers. If you hate Marmite, sorry for your loss, this magic stuff is packed with Vit b complex and is only 1.9 g of carb in. 100g, and a teaspoon is considered a lot.
Cheese and marmite are best friends, so today I tried a Marmite chaffle.
1 egg, 1 cup shredded pizza cheese and a teaspoon of marmite. Whisk away till the Marmite thins out. Then into the waffle maker. Then, because I love Marmite, more dotted on top.
So savoury, and heavenly. Like cheese on toast, but better.

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #2

NOOOOOOOOOO! Marmite LOVER here (I donā€™t understand that other kind of person you mention :wink:)!

Iā€™ve had many a warm chaffle spread with Marmite and butter - tis the food of the gods!

Iā€™m going to follow your tip and whizz Marmite INTO my chaffle batter - thanks for the tip!

Yay!!! I will try it, I only ate Marmite on bread this far (itā€™s still new in my life and I didnā€™t experiment) but I very rarely eat keto bread and never on carnivore, obviously but Marmite is spice so thatā€™s okay, I donā€™t eat it every day just sometimes I fancy some :wink:

(Rebecca šŸŒø Frankenfluffy) #4

TV cook and food writer Nigella Lawson shared a ā€˜recipeā€™ for Marmite sandwiches that she made for her kids - sheā€™d blend equal quantities of Marmite and butter together, and spread an entire sliced loaf of bread with it, sandwiching the slices together and cutting the crusts off. I think she was feeding her kidā€™s whole class at the timeā€¦

(ANNE ) #5

To be honest, it is just a relief that I am not aloneā€¦
I love the stuff, but my husband does not. Luckily , the loving Marmite gene is a positive inheritance, and all my children like it too.

Sorry to the folks in the US, I donā€™t think Marmite is on sale thereā€¦

(Rebecca ) #6

I had no idea what this was so I looked it upā€¦sounds interestingā€¦then I saw this explanation:

ā€œAmericans donā€™t understand ā€œMarmiteā€ because it needs to be eaten in moderation, something ā€œAmericaā€ isnā€™t very good at.ā€ :confounded:

But itā€™s spiceā€¦ Probably even Americans eat spices in small amountsā€¦ What about super strong chili sauce? They are very popular nowadays in Hungary. I never saw them before but they are everywhere in the last few/several yearsā€¦ And they ARE strong. Like, the tiniest container would last all my life but I canā€™t handle spicy (I like spicy but just a tiiiiiny bit spicy).

How can one eat Marmite not in moderation? It has such a strong flavorā€¦ Or is it the problem that we canā€™t eat it with a big spoon? :slight_smile: (There must be some people who does it, though.) Joke or not, I am interested in other peopleā€™s abilities especially if itā€™s not a dare or a competition just their tasteā€¦ I ate mustard alone in big amounts when I was a kid. But thatā€™s mustard, Marmite is too strong and saltyā€¦

I never saw Vegemite yet but I want to try that out too.

(Polly) #8

Having grown up in England and lived for a couple of years in the USA, I think the Americans donā€™t get marmite because their bread tastes sweet. We took our own large jar of marmite with us but struggled to find a bread to eat it on.

I no longer eat bread and consequently no longer eat marmite.

I have had both Marmite and Vegemite and could not tell the difference. That may not mean much though, I am far from being a connoisseur, I only get the pleasure of eating these while travelling, I live in the US.

(Troy) #10

So thought random
Slightly OT
Sorry OPšŸ˜“

Trigger word for mešŸ¤£

Canā€™t get this classic episode out of my mind when that word " vegimite " come up!!

Ugh