March 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(KCKO, KCFO) #183

I wasn’t planning on doing any more over 24 hr. fasts this month, did two extended fasts earlier along with a several of 36ers already. But I just don’t have any desire to eat today so will wait til at least brunch time tomorrow before eating anything except a tad bit of macadamia nuts, as I have to supplement fat when I fast now.

(PrimalRhino) #184

On a side note I’m at the same weight as I started, down a pound in the middle and now back to where I started.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #185

Ok friends…the April thread hasn’t been started yet but I just finished my meal this evening and gonna do a 72 hour fast into the new month. Got to try to break my stall. Maybe this will do it.

(Doug) #186

@Goal179 Hey Dawn. :slightly_smiling_face: “Too much” - maybe so, but compare that to having done nothing.

(Karen) #187

Brenda had mentioned an interest in doing another fast at the top of each month. Go for it.

K

(Liz ) #188

Right on. I’m in your shoes. I’m 49 hours into a 70 hour fast ahead of the Dairy Free April I’m going to try. I gained a pound a day after my last epic fast and after 8 pounds up I finally freaked out & started this fast. I figure most of it is water, but why?? I kept thinking “Today I’ll get a whoosh” but nope. Good grief this is maddening!

(Karen) #189

Haven’'t had a whoosh for months and months

K

(Liz ) #190

Right? Ugh! I mean I’m keto for life & if all I have to do is KCKO then I will, but I don’t want to find out later there was something I could have changed sooner so I’m trying everything!

(Karen) #191

I’m watching your dairy free April. Fingers crossed for you.

K

(Liz ) #192

Thank you! Will you join us or nah?

(Karen) #193

Not yet. I love butter too much, but I’ll drop cheese.

K

(Allie) #194

(Dawn) #195

Great point. I am having a very very hard time getting back on track. I have a mental block that is keeping me from getting back to a good fasting routine. I have to work through that. Your feedback always helps me so much.

(Dawn) #196

Hi Friends. QQ. I am using Kettle and Fire bone broth (LOVE IT) as a crutch as I try to get back on the fasting wagon. It has about 14 grams of protein for the entire package. Is that too much? I want to make sure that I am not spiking my insulin with too much protein when I am supposed to be “fasting”. I am fasting to lower insulin levels and drop the extra weight that I gained over the last 45 days. I am stepping my way down to water only, but for right now, I need the bone broth. Also, what are the opinions regarding powdered creamers? They have almost no calories, so I wonder if they are ok for fasting. I have to drink coffee every morning in order to control my appetite but I can’t drink it black AND I don’t really want to add alot of fat to my diet right now since I have so much fat wiggling on my body already. I also don’t want the heavy creamer while fasting because of fat and calories. Advice? Opinions? Warnings? LOL! Thanks my friends.

(Dawn) #197

Are cheese and butter considered Dairy? If so, I’m out. I breathe for cheese.

(Allie) #198

@Goal179 we are on the April thread now :slight_smile:

(Dawn) #199

Why does time go so quickly!! SORRY…moving to April :rofl::rofl: