March 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #108

Thank you! And thanks for being such a great and helpful member of this community :smile:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #109

Happy Keto-versary Liz!

It’s really strange. I keep hoping this means my body is recompositioning itself and that I’m forming more muscles and bones and that it will eventually reflect in my measurements. I have an hourglass type body and I add weight everywhere. But it’s the extra fat on my belly and my saddlebag area that are bothering me most. If those went away and my weight remained the same, I wouldn’t care about my weight at all. :wink:

I’ll be sure to tell you if I find any benefits from the collagen. So far I’ve only been taking it for three days. The good thing is I make a delicious cup of broth with it. Yesterday I added aminos, sesame seed and scallions to it and it was yum.

But no, I have never tried a mean plan. I know they are made to help you take all the planning out of your diet, but to me they sound like so much work instead. Probably not the reaction they get from everyone, but I can’t help but feel they’re restrictive. Maybe the word diet itself is part of what makes me balk, too. Have you tried any?

(Liz ) #111

Thank youuuuu! Having a BPC ahead of my OMAD tonight, < keto talk lol!!

(Michele ) #112

New to the forum but have been Keto/IF/EF for a few months.

I ended an 82 hr fast last night with wings and a wedge salad.:yum: Fasting again till Sunday evening, gathering at my sister’s, then fasting again Sunday night till Friday evening when I visit my brother. At some point I want to do a 14 day fast. Until then I will keep mixing it up with 2, 3, 4 and 5 day fasts.

From the Feb thread.

Actually, I don’t restrict calories at all now, since that had no effect since starting keto (I used the caloric recommendations of MFP to lose one pound a week in the first couple of months, to no avail)

I made it 48 hours! Thanks for asking.

(Diane) #117

Second EF. Going well so far. So much easier than last month. Plan to break my fast on Monday and feast for a couple of days and maybe jump into my first Zorn fast next week.

A[quote=“Olivia1, post:110, topic:33321”]
I have an hourglass type body and I add weight everywhere.
[/quote]
I’m the same. It seems very stubborn to lose!
Yesterday I was 148.1, today 151.2. I can’t seem to stop these fluctuations and I can’t figure out what my actual weight is. I came down with a bad virus my body has been fighting for the past few days, and maybe once I’m better I’ll lose some inflammation weight… ? Just a theory.

I see what you’re saying. I just find when I have planned out delicious meals as opposed to throwing things together last minute I feel more satisfied- but I agree it would be a lot of work, and time I do not have. Do you have any food pitfalls, like cheese or nuts? Do you use sweeteners?

Have been intending to do EF from Sunday to Wednesday this week but I got sick this past week, in bed for most of it, and not sure if I should fast after my body is recovering. Thoughts??

I keep making theories about why it seems my body no longer has the ability to shed fat, with ANY of the strategies that used to work. I mean not at all. I expected it to be slow, even very slow, but this groundhog day stalling gets to me sometimes. And yes, this happens to me too. One day last month I woke up and weighed 141! I was ecstatic I finally budged. I ate normally, exercised, and next day…I’m up at 144 again. I actaully stopped weighing myself ever since as it’s too disheartening. I’m now measuring myself instead…but still no change.

there’s another problem for me in meal plans, that whenever I consider one, I find so many things on it I don’t like. So I have to keep thinking of equal substitutions, and then it’s no longer convenient or time saving, even on the planning side. The one thing I found to be helpful, is filling the fridge and freezer with stuff I like and can easily prep, then prepping a big batch or a two or three things then making a meal of those alternatingly during the week. I’m still

I do have a HWC pitfall…as I take my tea and coffee with it. I also try to limit nuts and seeds, as it seems the moment I eat an ounce with allegedly 200 calories, I add a pound. I try to eat cheese very carefully as it does the same…and it also makes me very oily all over. I only use erythritol (can’t even stand anything else) and only in keto desserts, which are maybe one every week or every two weeks, as I can’t stand even it in drinks. I do have a weakness for berries, too. My main problem is I don’t like meat or avocado, so that limits my choices where to get protein and fat even more, making cutting out or down cheese and nuts even harder.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #121

Anybody online right now? I’ve been fasting for 42 hours on water and ketoaide only.

Been thinking I’d love some broth or a BPC.

My body temp is great (not cold, running a touch warmer than usual) which makes me think I’m burning fat.

Will I mess up my EF if I have broth or BPC?

Thanks!
~Class of 2017 KCKO

(Karen) #122

Bpc, lot of protein in bone broth

K

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #123

Thanks Karen!

Just broke a 10 day fast on day 4 to eat ice cream with my daughter. It was one of those moments when I was going to pass and she turned to me and said something along the lines of it’s hand made I would totally break a fast for it. I was like I don’t need ice cream and I can walk out the door and not feel bad about missing out but it was ice cream for an event and I thought hmmm maybe a little would be an okay example of a healthy relationship with food. So I got a kid’s dish and offered half to my kiddo. Sad part was it was okay but not great. So eating dinner and then fasting as planned until Saturday. This would have been completely different years ago. I would have had a medium or small waffle cone and never thought twice about not getting some or only eating part of it. Ice cream is my favorite dessert.

(Valerie Williams) #125

Jackson be careful berberin really knocks my socks off. Really get sick from candida die off with it.

(Karen) #126

30 hours on a short fat fast. Going to try fasting every other day this week.

K

(Hala) #127

Plz explain more ? Wht the bad side effect of berberine ?

(Karen) #128

38 hours…stopping at 40. Serious drop on the scale today. Pray God I hold on to it. Fasting again Tuesday, trying to shake it up.

K