Marathon or triathlon runners

conversationstarters

(William) #1

Been on keto 3 months and down 30 pound with 10 to go before reaching my goal. But I am struggling with long training runs, bike rides and long swims.
Are there any fellow “ketoers” out there that participate in marathons or triathlons? What do you eat before, during and after long training workouts or the actual events? (Talking 15 + miles, 3 mile swims or 70 + mile rides)

What to eat the week before the marathon
(less is more, more or less) #2

I’ve only done two half-marathons. If you’re fat-adapted, you don’t need to “hack” your before or after meals. I increase my salt intake before, and not a crazy amount, either. Your fat stores are more than adequate for these great energy expenditures.

There’s nothing more satisfying than passing someone zealously squeezing those damn sugar gel packs into their desperate mouths, as they litter the ground with their ineffective candy./

(Izabelle Theroux) #3

I new so I don’t know if this has been ask, I training for a marthon, what should i eat the week before the run.
Also What sould I eat before my long run.
thank you

(less is more, more or less) #4

Izabelle,

Welcome to the forums. There are a ton of previous posts that address this question.

Please look here: https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=marathon