Make deviled eggs in advance

(Laurie) #1

I intend to take deviled eggs to a dinner in a few days, and I want to get a head start on making them. I didn’t know how much I could do in advance – or how far in advance.

This seems to cover it:

https://www.thekitchn.com/deviled-eggs-the-make-ahead-game-plan-244538?amp=1

(Marianne) #2

I just love deviled eggs and many times will whip up a batch just for us. That is a great party appetizer.

Before we got our hard boiled egg cooker (like $17), making hard boiled eggs was an exercise in futility for me. I would wind up taking half the white with the peels. It would drive me nuts, and I tried multiple methods. With the egg cooker, most of the shells come off in one piece - a small miracle to me! I love them with mustard and vinegar (and mayo).

Have fun!

(Laurie) #3

I know, right? I tried many tips and tricks, to my frustration, but never an egg cooker. Then I read about steaming them. It works too; the shells come off easily.

I cook 18 eggs at a time in a largish pot, in one layer, using a steamer basket.

371ceadb85983c358c2cd925b9283f89

(Marianne) #4

Great! Seems like the same principle.

(Edith) #5

Yup, steaming is the way to go.

(GINA ) #6

I tried all kinds of ways to cook eggs, and have found the Instant Pot to be the best. The eggs practically peel themselves.

The IP is steaming too, so probably the same as the basket or the egg cooker.

(Polly) #7

Great ideas here. Thank you @islandlight Laurie.