Macros

newbies

(Scott) #1

I am knew to keto , and new to forums, this is my 1st post ever. I am a 50 year old male and started keto about 45 days ago to deal with my type two diabetes, and help reduce my weight. I am 5’9" and weighed in at 287, but I am now down to 255, 30 pound , it feels great. I am trying to fast from lunch to lunch, but wonder on my macros about protein. I am trying to consume about 85grams per day, but if I’m only eating once, do I still need to try and consume that many in such a short period of time?

(John) #2

I don’t do too much fasting bc I’ve lost most of what I need by just doing keto. That said I think you would need to eat that much in one sitting if you are only doing one meal a day. Otherwise you’ll be lacking protein. I’d eat until you are full but I would think after a while of doing this you’ll be eating near 85g protein.

(Consensus is Politics) #3

In my opinion one meal a day is the way to go. If you can’t eat enough in that one meal, spread it out just a little. I do a four hour window when I eat. If I can’t eat it in that timeframe then I just don’t eat it. I think it’s his is referred to a 20/4 fast. I never heard of these terms before, I’m picking up a lot of them now (18/6, 20/4, BPC, OMAD, ZC, etc, etc, etcetteRA!)

(adaf000e0f63e0988d64) #4

thanks guys, this helps