Macros on IF

(Marcel129) #1

When you are only eating one meal a day are you supposed to hit all your macros in one meal? Sounds like a lot for just one meal.

(VLC.MD) #2

No. ! Keep good ratios.
Fat is more important than protein which is more important than carbs. LC veggies as suits you.

(Consensus is Politics) #3

Back in the late 80’s or early 90’s I was on a bit of a fitness kick. That is to say I had a Nautilus membership and worked out all the time. I picked up a book on nutrition by a fellow I can’t remember the name of… “Goldstein: Trainer of the Hollywood Stars” something like that.

In his book the thing that stuck with me was how he continuously repeated that the ‘Nutrition Pyramid’ we all learned in school was wrong. It was upside down. He advocated 65% of calories from fat, 35% from protein and 5% from carbs.

My wife had a cow over this. She was a Registered Nurse. Moreover she worked in some high profile places (Loma Linda Medical University. At the time they were doing baby heart transplants using ape hearts and pig hearts. Well, I know of at least one of each that they did while she was there anyway. Baby Moses was the only name I can remember from that). Anyway, she was fuming that this guy would say that. She had a degree in Nutrition. She knew better than him! LMAO. Well now, Im thinking maybe our education system needs to re-evaluate what it teaches. INHO, I think they teach what they get paid to teach. I know, I’m sounding like a conspiracy nut. But really? They are teaching that you MUST eat carbs to live. You can’t survive without them. You WILL wither away to nothingness.

(Ernest) #4

No. Just eat normally (keto normal)
I don’t track macros, I get a good size meal, stick to nutrient dense foods. I don’t bother with veggies. I’ll eat veggies on weekends when I’m not doing one meal a day.
I find eggs and fatty beef works best for me.
My one meal a day is not forced. It came about quite naturally.

(Luke Worthington) #5

I’m on my second day of 20/4 and I’ve found it impossible to hit my macros in a 4 hour eating window that I did on 16/8. So I’m clearly going to have to trim those by half I think. I’m just worried if I don’t get enough calories I’ll start losing muscle. So I’ll either have to gorge to the max twice in 4 hours or go back to 16/8. What kind of caloric deficit are y’all maintaining on 20/4?

(Ernest) #6

You are worrying too much.
You’ll be just fine. It’s not that easy to lose muscle.
What is this calorie deficit that you speak of?