Macro tracker that's NOT mfp?

(Mike W.) #1

Does anyone have a macro tracker they love?

Any app better that MFP for tracking Keto?

There’s a string on MFP hacking. To make it more keto friendly. Might interest you?

(eat more) #3

fatsecret
it shows total macros for the day and for each meal, you can change the columns, on the phone version (iphone) there’s a graph at the bottom of your day so you can have net carbs as the column and see total carbs in the graph.

you can set macros in the reports section by percentages or grams but it doesn’t tell you how many you have left for the day like it does for calories so you just have to do a little math but it’s free :blush:

(Crow T. Robot) #4

I think it blows MFP away, though I only use the browser version and not the smartphone app.

Livestrong MyPlate app has the best on app database, IMO.

(Mike W.) #6

The thing I hate about MFP is when searching for things VERY specifically Johnnies, and Jennies, and Joses same items all have different macros. I never know which is correct without adding it myself.

(jketoscribe) #7

There is one called Carbmaster which I liked very Muchow the beginning, but like MFP they Allowed users to put nutrition info into the database. It was taking longer and longer to find the REAL food instead of packaged versions, the nutritional info became less and less accurate and reliable, and I didn’t have all day to spend logging.

(Phoenix) #8

I’ve been using MFP for years, but am getting more and more annoyed with it, so was so happy to come across your post on Fatsecrete. Love how you can change the daily summary to net carbs and set up different goals for days of the week.
Now I just need to start inputting custom food to add to the database.
Thanks!

(David) #9

What were your issues with MFP if I may ask?

(eat more) #10

i don’t like that it became subscription based to get useful features (i want to spend my money on food LOL)

i don’t like the database inaccuracies and that i can’t easily set amounts…fatsecret you can scroll to 76g…mfp you have to pick 76 servings of 1g

i don’t like that with mfp i can’t see my macros for each meal and daily totals (i think you can with the subscription and a hack) or net carbs

i do think mfp looks a little fancier

(David) #11

Interesting. Yeah, changing everything to 1g servings, or doing maths in my head to work out how much I ate is a pain. Just this afternoon I was looking at my carbs and trying to find out where they all came from, and I had to tap on different meals to try to find them.

I might give the other app a shot.

(eat more) #12

you can also see the counts for each item and change the columns

(Jeff Barry) #13

I switched over to KetoDiet App… loving it. Soon they say I think will also track ketone levels.

Stupid Simple Keto

(eat more) #15

how’s the database? basic or pro?
i keep considering this one…not that i’m unhappy in anyway with fatsecret…just like shiny new things once in a while :blush:

(Jeff Barry) #16

The full version is $4.99 and Is heavily supported. Bar code scanning is coming as well as ketone tracking and social interaction.

As it stands it’s taylored to Keto. So I like it. You’ll note it places an emphasis on sodium, mag and postassium trackinng

Ah rats, I hate you! :laughing:

… now I’m going to have to enter everything in MFP and KetoDiet until I can decide which one is better! I already have the paid version of MFP, but it is sooooo slow doing simple things and it’s not really focused on keto.

(Jeff Barry) #18

It has alot of data tracking options… when ketones come it’ll be gold.

From reading the website, it’s all about “recipes, recipes, recipes” (hmmm, I can’t see to just use the word once in a sentence anymore, I wonder why??). :laughing:

Can I just enter individual line items like MFP or do I have enter using recipes?

(Jeff Barry) #20

You can enter individual items (like avocados or bacon, etc) or make your own commonly used recipes to save time.