Low tech avocado chocolate mousse for one

(Carol E. ) #1

200 grams ripe avocado
15 grams cacao power
1/4 teaspoon salt
Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used a combination of erythitol and vanilla flavored liquid stevia)

Cream the avocado by pushing the ripe flesh through a mesh strainer with a spoon using a back and forth motion.

Chill and enjoy. Makes 2 servings.

Very clever move, creaming avocado using a mesh strainer.

(Danielle) #3

I was JUST looking up ideas for what to do with Avocado when you hate the texture/taste. Mesh the crap out of it and add chocolate. Fuck Yes!

(Michelle) #4

I am sooo soo soo into low tech, avocados and chocolate. This looks amazing? could you put it in blender too? how does it taste?

(eat more) #5

you can fancy it up too :blush:

i made chocolate avo pudding once a long time ago when i thought agave was good for you…i think the agave ruined it lol

(Jacquie) #6

Nice to see the recipe calls for a bit of cayenne pepper. It works well with chocolate. :slight_smile:

(Carol E. ) #7

I chose to use the strainer because I was preparing such a small amount but sure you could use a regular or immersion blender.

I think it tastes lovely. Very satisfying.

(Michelle) #8

Thank you for posting! I will try it.

And I meant to use an exclamation point after amazing!! not a question. :blush:

(Carol E. ) #9

I tried adding a little peppermint extract. Yummo! :yum::+1:

(Beth) #10

I think I must be the laziest of all… that mesh strainer sounds like a lot of work to me. Could you not just mush it up and add the stuff or is the texture off then? So lazy…

This reminds me I used to work with a woman who was originally from the Philippines and she said they eat avocado as a sweet there: they put milk or cream and sugar on it and eat it that way. A lot of Californians freak out when they hear that for the first time. :smile:

(Carol E. ) #11

I tried it without the strainer but prefer the texture when using the strainer if making a small batch.

Naturally, the best texture is achieved when using an immersion blender or food processor. My intent was to relate a low tech method for a small quantity. :blush:

Have you tried using a spoon or rubber spatula to smoosh the avocado through the strainer? It shouldn’t take more than half a minute. If you try to smoosh it with a fork, or blender, it would take longer.

(Beth) #13

@Fiorella, I don’t think I even own a mesh strainer, so that could be part of my laziness!

(Johanna Petersson) #14

Did you try it and like it? I do not like avocado either but love chocolate

(Danielle) #15

I have not yet. I don’t have much cause to buy an avocado (since I hate them). Next grocery trip, if I find a ripe one; I think I’ll give it a try.

(Candy Lind) #16

I puree avocado to freeze when it’s getting “iffy” so this is perfect! Took out four cubes, added 2T cocoa powder and some stevia, 30-second dessert! BAM. :heart_eyes: I might add a little vanilla next time.

(Kirk Wolak) #17

Hand blender worked wonderfully.

We made a super creamy version, sweetened with monkfruit.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

I spent a lot of time in Indonesia, they do the same thing there, like a smoothie. Es Alpukat they call it. I was grossed out by my Indonesian wife loving the stuff, as she was at my insistence that they were better with salt! Later I learned about Avocado Fool, a desert similar to this one. :cowboy_hat_face:

https://www.google.com/search?q=avocado+fool+recipe&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

(Helen Taylor) #19

Makes good icecream too, folks!

(Jane Srygley) #20

Avocados ripen quickly on the counter after 1-3 days typically. Don’t be scared away by an unripe avocado! (This is a native San Diego girl talking :joy:)