Low(ish) carb bread muffins

(David) #1

Ingredients

• 4 eggs
  • 150g quark / cream cheese (I used fat-free quark. I didn’t know you could get fatty quark)
  • 50g almond flour
  • 50g linseed / flaxseed
  • 20g wheat bran
  • 1 teaspoon backing powder
  • salt (I used pink himalayan rock salt from Poundstretcher - It was packaged in South Africa. Hmmm, go figure).

Instructions
Measure the ingredients out, and photograph them

pre-heat the oven. Gas mark 4

Beat the eggs

Add all the other ingredients

Mix

mix some more.

Spoon into a muffin tray
Note: for next time, grease the tray better, or spray with coconut oil or something.

Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or longer if you get distracted by your gadgets and toys. Possibly longer.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

Scrape the bits out best you can

Store in a cool lunch box (that your cool Wenchie got for you from IKEA) for later

Credit: to my awesome wenchie (@Karo_Isst_Keto) for the awesome lunch box, AND for making the first batch the week before)

(Michelle) #2

what is that cute little doggie shaped orange thing??

(Tina) #3

Looks good. Maybe next time spray the pan with coconut spray or use silicone pan. It will help with the stickiness.

(David) #4

A lunchbox from IKEA

(David) #5

I tried butter in some of the dishes, but obviously not enough. Will try my coconut oil spray next time.

(Michelle) #6

I’m interested in the muffins too!! But anything “dog” and I’m attracted like a moth to light. :dog2:

(eat more) #8

i NEED that lunchbox!!!’ :dog: :feet: :heart:

amazon to the rescue…and other doggie lunch things…ruh roh :joy:
https://smile.amazon.com/Smaska-Puppy-Dog-Kids-Lunch/dp/B00BTL5HFW/ref=sr_1_18_a_it?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1492975864&sr=8-18&keywords=dog+lunch+box&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

(David) #9

/me turns the light on

(Wenchie) #10

a lot cheaper at IKEA :heart_eyes:

(eat more) #11

Wenchie!! nice to “meet” you :blush:

i didn’t order it…but i do love it.
a trip to Ikea would be a lot more expensive for me especially since they just rebuilt/moved the closest one and i’d end up with a boatload of things i don’t have room for…and a pink chair LOL

(Wenchie) #12

hey a pink chair… I want one now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: