Low Carb Vinegar Based BBQ Sauce for Pulled Pork

(Ren) #1

Here is a sauce that I have been serving with my pulled pork for years. If you are a fan of the North Carolina Vinegar based sauces, you will love this Virginia sauce.

Shack Attack Sauce aka Tidewater (Virginia) Thin

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup favorite Hot Sauce (I use Franks Red Hot)
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs ground black pepper
1 tbs kosher salt
2 tbs yellow mustard.

Mix or blend and let sit for 24-48 hours, or longer if you can. The longer it sits the better it becomes.

The whole recipe has 6 calories and 3 carbs. But the recipe should last you a long while. You really only need a small drizzle of this over some pulled pork to really bring out the flavors of the pork.

Thanks for sharing! I was looking for exactly this type of recipe yesterday with little success. Must of felt my need :slight_smile:

(Christopher Avery) #3

Thank you @Aawa. After enjoying the first couple of packages of Costco Pulled Pork, it has become quite bland and unsatisfying. I’ve been experimenting with sauces. I’ll try this one.

And I have a crockpot and think making my own carnitas would be yummier.

(Ren) #4

This will add zing to your pork for sure. It isn’t a heavy tomato based sauce that kills the palette. It compliments pork oh so well, and it can be used as a substitute for hotsauce if you aren’t looking for heat but want some good flavor.

I think they’ve changed it. I’ve also noticed it has less flavor and is more ham like than it used to be.

(Christopher Avery) #6

Oh golly @turbeville, I hadn’t thought that they changed the product. Thank you. Dang. :exploding_head:

Next time I’m at Costco I’ll let them know about my experience.