Low Carb Sloppy Joe's

This is my dinner. Ground beef with Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup (1g per tbsp). Sauce included ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper.

Buns are the 90 second microwave muffins with almond flour, baking powder, 1 egg, butter & salt.

I am eating them open face… like I did when I used to use bleached wheat flour buns.

(Bob M) #2

I like everything but open faced. I’ve never seen them eaten open faced.

Pretty common. https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=sloppy%20joes%20open%20face&tbs=imgo:1

I like using a fork because they are so… sloppy… :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #4

Who doesn’t? Forks are [spoiler]forking[/spoiler] great!

(Michelle isaacson) #5

:slight_smile: Only eat them open faced.

(Dana Schneider) #6

can you share bun recipe

Bun recipe:

Take small ramekin about size of hamburger bun and crack 1 egg in it. Add 1 tbsp of water. About 1/4 tsp or so of baking powder (I eye it). Pinch of salt. Mix with fork then add 1 tbsp of room temp soft butter along with enough almond flour to make it like really thick like wet biscuit dough. I just keep adding the almond flour until the right consistency. Then microwave for 1:30 to 1:45 mins.

(Bob M) #8

I think eating a sloppy joe with a fork is akin to eating a slice of pizza with a fork: possible, but against the laws of nature. :grinning: I haven’t had a sloppy joe in…decades?..but I remember half the fun was having the meat go everywhere. (Isn’t this WHY they are called “sloppy”?) And I did use a fork for the meat that tried to save itself by jumping off the bun.

Well good luck eating it non-open-face as sandwich, with this crumbly bread. If you want really sloppy ,now you got it! LOL.

Also why eat the extra carbs? Even though this is almound flour… two slices per sandwich would be too many carbs for me… way too many.

Extremely delicious with a fork w/ lots of meat instead of more bread.

I agree eating pizza with a fork would be non-sense. But I don’t feel this way about this. At least the pizza is open-face already…

(Dana Schneider) #10

Thanks so much :slight_smile: