Low Carb Cheesecake w/ Pecan Crust & Raspbery Topping

Snapped this photo with my DSLR & Softbox just now. It was insanely delicious especially the pecans in the crust… like a cross between pecan pie and cheesecake (with raspberries) mmm…

Just followed this guy’s recipe but used Pyure as sugar substitute instead. I also used chopped up pecans instead of almonds for the crust and threw in a little Pyure in with the pecans and butter:

For the raspberry sauce, I took a bunch of frozen raspberries and cooked them on the stove in a pot so they broke apart. Then used immersion blender to make it into a sauce. Added Pyure to the raspberry sauce. Chilled in refrigerator in a mason jar while cheesecake was chilling. I set out a few whole raspberries to thaw in the fridge as well.

Topped the cheesecake with the syrup & a few whole raspberries to try and give it a nice look.

I didn’t have an instant pot pressure cooker so I cooked it in the oven at 325 for about 90 minutes in 7x3 cheesecake pan (not the 6x3 pan he uses… wanted a shorter cheesecake). The cheesecake pan was wrapped with foil on bottom/sides a couple times to keep out the water from the water bath it was in while baking. At 90 mins it bulbed/rose well and was browned nicely. Thought it was going to take longer but it didn’t. I chilled for like 5 hours in the fridge before taking out and slicing.

7.8g net carbs with everything shown in photo. This slice was from a 7" x 2" tall cheesecake, sliced into 8 pieces. If you ditch the sour cream frosting & raspberries & sauce, it’s only 5.8g net carbs per slice.

Here’s a photo of the whole cheesecake with slice missing :). I figure I’ll make once cheesecake per month and have only one day per week where I and my BF can eat 1 slice of this sweet goodness – storing each quarter in the freezer. It’s low carb, but I feel like I am cheating when I eat it lol… probably causes an insulin response if Dr. Fung is right…

DSC_8451

I probably should of waited longer than 5 hours before removing it, the sides would probably be a bit more solid, but I got impatient. This is the first cheesecake I’ve ever made in my life lol.

(Jay Patten) #3

Looks delicious!

I always chill mine over night to make sure it cuts right.

But that’s just me, lol.

Thanks for sharing!

I’ll be letting mine sit overnight as well in the future :). It sliced perfectly fine but the outer edge smeared.

(Jay Patten) #5

Regardless, it is a marvelous looking cheesecake!