Low Carb Breckenridge 2018 videos

(Seth Overdeer) #1

Are any of the videos of the talks from Low Carb Breckenridge 2018 online to view yet?

(Lucy) #2

I found a YouTube playlist and have embedded the three so far for convenience :slight_smile:

Ivor Cummins - 'An Engineering View of Modern Chronic Disease Prevention’

Nina Teicholz - 'Red Meat and Health’

Dr. Jake Kushner - 'Medical nutrition therapy for people with type 1 diabetes: fact vs. fiction’

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #3

Dying for Mike Eades. But this is some nice red meat for us. :wink:

Thanks.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

I’ve been looking forward to the Nina Teicholz talk, and was very interested in what Dr. Kushner had to say. Never seen a lecture by him before. And Ivor is Ivor—always worth listening to!

(Seth Overdeer) #5

I watched these 3 videos this past week but didn’t know if any more were posted yet. I’m frothing at the mouth to see all of the rest of them. Full froth.

(Lucy) #6

Here’s another I can’t wait to watch!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

Watched it last night. I love Dr. Bikman. His 2017 presentation was so much food for though and this one is, if anything, more discussion worthy.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

The one thing I don’t like about watching those videos is not being able to ask questions, lol! I recently watched a long video by Dr. Rosedale about insulin, leptin, mTOR, and aging, and I would dearly love to know what Dr. Bikman thinks about some of the points Dr. Rosedale makes, and vice versa. Their talks overlap quite a bit, but they come at the subject from very different viewpoints, so it’s confusing trying to reconcile apparent inconsistencies.

(Andrew Fransen) #9

Bikman never fails to make an impact. I like that he challenges some preconceived notions and really tests the science behind them.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

That’s why they have Twitter.

Just watched this and it really changed my view on this subject. He’s a great speaker, very engaging and interesting talk

(Seth Overdeer) #12

Dr. Bikman just convinced me to try a version of Protein Spared Modified Fasting again. I tried it last year and it worked amazingly for me, this explains why it worked. I kinda forgot about it until now.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #13

Will be interested to hear your results. It seems like it should turbocharge fasting results.

(Lucy) #14

Another video has been uploaded:

I’m not sure if you all want me/anyone to keep posting these here or in new threads. I don’t mind, just trying to be helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

(Rob) #15

Here would be great, avoiding the fragmentation that seems to happen around here given that few use consistent metadata to tag things. If something is worth its own thread, someone will start one, like the Bikman thing.

Many thanks!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

@lucenya Thanks for posting all these links. I find it particularly helpful to have them all in the same thread.

(Lucy) #17

Here you are then :slight_smile:

I think that’s the sixth so far, still a few remaining.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #18

Given that there were 30+ from 2017, yeah, there’s a long way to go. Thanks for posting these.

(Lucy) #19

You’re welcome! It seems there were 38 videos from last year. This is the seventh from this year:

(Lucy) #20

Karim's Extended Fast Tracker - come along for the ride