Lots of ‘F’ words (temporary tile) Carnivore Zero Carb February 2023

Hi Megan, I might try that. Ground beef if nothing is done with it other than frying it in the pan I’ve always found dull, but when I fry it with some eggs as well it’s instantly better. Ideally it would just be the egg yokes as I’m not that keen on the whites, but I don’t want to waste them. Yes, if you get the higher fat ground beef a lot of fat comes out making it unnecessary to add lard or butter, though I add the latter more for taste. Although I haven’t eaten ground beef in quite a while. Perhaps I’ll buy it next week to see if I like it again. With butter it certainly becomes more tasty, and some melted cheese. I also fry my bacon that way. I have both lard and butter that I like to use, as well as cream. Well we all know what a godsend cream is, it’s like a superfood, can be used for everything🙂

(Linda ) #75

I love cream but it doesn’t always love me back…it causes stomach /pain bloating unless I use in tiny amounts …but if it’s cooked in a sauce no issues… its weird…as for seafood yup I still love shrimp and fish and I’m trying to make sure I eat some for omega 3: and DHEA every week nowI went long time without any but then started craving fish…

Hi Linda, it’s really annoying when a food we love doesn’t love us back, isn’t it? Are you sensitive to gluten by any chance? As to seafood, I always keep thinking I should get some, like smoked mackarel which I don’t mind, but truth be told I never crave fish, but always crave meat. My body seems fine on cream and butter even if I eat a lot of it. Cheese I’m also fine with, yogurt I’m not, and milk makes me feel ill so I never drink it. I suppose there are degrees of dairy sensitivities. I eat both Edam and Gouda and cheddar and they’re all fine.

(Linda ) #77

Yep listen to your body If your not craving it or not thinking about it you prob not needing it…

I did a run on pork belly for a couple months then back to steak I eat what I’m drawn to I can eat same foods for weeks then suddenly I start feeling like something else it might be lamb bacon or fish I just go with it…

Right now it’s bacon eggs and steak…

[I started to write this many hours ago…]

My body wants fat AND protein. Always. A lot of them.
And today I realized that it wants FOOD now. I find everything extremely tempting, even pure fat, it’s crazy… :smiley: I always was choosier than that! Though pure fat would lose its charm in 1-2 bites I am sure… Or maybe not, these days are surreal.

But it’s 4:20pm now and I am still not hungry so that’s nice. I did had some creamy coffees and tasted whatever I made but those were (very fatty) morsels.

{Here was space left for my photo but all were somewhat bad and what’s worse, my plate was kind of ugly, you don’t need to see that… It had deviled eggs using 3 eggs, a sponge cake with fatty spread on it and a piece of sausage.}

And I have plenty of pork shoulders if needed too.

[after 10pm]
I ate when Alvaro had dinner, around 6pm. I was already hungry but nothing very serious :slight_smile:
Of course I ate everything on my plate and a bunch of more food: another sponge cake (20g fat for one - as in the pic - would have been a bit much :smiley: One sponge cake contains less than half an egg), more sausage and some nice amount of pork shoulder roast. And lots of whipped cream and a yolk, oh they are so perfect together… Both my raw fluff (jellied or not) and ice cream are basically eggs mixed with cream with some tiny flavoring. But the fluff has more whites (except when it lack gelatin) and the ice cream almost only have yolks. Too much water isn’t good for ice cream… I may use some butter instead of part of the cream in all cases. I even had my fluff with only butter and no cream when I lacked cream. It wasn’t as good but still quite nice. Cream is just too amazing, impossible to skip it without negative consequences even if they aren’t too serious.

And later I had to eat again but that was 10g fat and another (two) creamy coffee(s) :wink: I am good. 10g fat alone is as far as I can go and I get grossed out properly (barely, I am still a hedonist but I am on a mission) and it causes my body to lose its hunger, anything just not getting any more fat, ew :smiley: I need to be a tad tough with it now :slight_smile:
Food sounds quite off-putting now but I am still fine so it’s the best I can expect right now. I am pleased and hope in even better days!

Oh, tracking. Yesterday ended at 214g protein (but less fat than that, thankfully).
Today’s guesstimation is

I had an unusual workout as I have watched many videos and tried out things… A half workout as usual but with more exercises per muscle group so it’s fine. I am thinking about stopping trying to do total body workouts, it’s not like I could do them all in one day more than 1-2 times during the last years… And I don’t even train my legs as no point in that, I should train my core and abs as they are SUPER weak.
Oh, there will be so many changes :smiley: It’s fun now. But my biceps weights dropped that I changed from barbell to dumbbells… Oh well. And I will need to change the weights all the time during my workout unless I figure out something… Good that there are multiple good exercises to choose from…

That’s nice but when I enjoy my food too much, I overeat even more and easier than normal… :frowning: But when I don’t enjoy it, I go off and that’s maybe even worse. It depends.

I haven’t eaten ruminant meat since… IDK, very long. Months? I can’t even afford the pork I eat if I eat it in the amounts I did lately… Good thing I don’t need it either, I just couldn’t resist. Stupid crazy hunger and appetite.

But we will buy some ruminant soon, maybe in the weekend if our webshop order arrives with my gelatin, I miss it… Alvaro want to make a dish with it (ruminant meat, I mean), of course not carnivore but not too carby so I will just eat 1-2 cubes of meat or something.
I should be happy with my pork after these crazy expensive times… Oh well, we do have pretty much money just not as regular income.

But bacon releases fat, it won’t soak up any. Well some butter molecules must stick to it so if it’s for taste… But I like lard so butter has no role there, it just makes it even more expensive…

[12:33am]
I am quite sure I won’t eat more before bed. My biceps are aching. They didn’t even need the night :smiley: Well I tried out a few exercises today… And searched for core exercises for beginners. The beginners commented that cool, those are always too hard for them but these? No problem. I obviously am miles away being able to do them, even the easier version one had… But I was already tired so let’s hope it has some role.
I want to strengthen my core, it surely will do good to my lower back prone to some tiny pain (it’s not bad since I have exercises to make it better) besides having zillion other benefits.

Ouch my arm. Even typing is a tiny pain :slight_smile:

I want to lose fat to show off the muscles I surely will develop in the next years… I take it seriously now.

EDIT:
I forgot. 170g (or 180 or 190, who knows? I ate fatty pork) fat, 93g protein :heart_eyes: Yay!
340g meat for today, it will be a bit higher tomorrow, I wish for a normal (and eggy) day! I had enough of super fatty days for a while. 79% fat, it’s much for me without my darling fatty items (except cream. that was neat). 45g added fat, it’s too much without things soaking it up. I feel off a bit.

I want to chill and not thinking about food much tomorrow. Today I was on a mission and I succeed.

Heart problems and tired. Some hot sauced chicken wings at a venue, may have triggered something. In recovery and a bit tired to write more.

Hi Shinita. Pure fat, if you’re thinking say, the fat on pork crackling, is delicious. Lard on its own, not so much. So it depends what it is, and if it’s hot. Today I am thinking of beginning with my weights again. I fell off the wagon with those, and they’re only ridiculously light anyway. But I think I must be building some muscle from all the walks. As today I weighed, fully clothed, 52kg, so that’s 1, 5 kg weight gain, and yet my family members say I am looking slimmer and have streamlined. Of course, my weight tends to fluctuate between 50 and 52kg anyway, but it’s a nice thought, that I could be converting some fat to muscle. All my lipoedema is on my legs, so that’s where I’d like some lean muscle. But I should be doing some stretching exercises, or something. My breakfast plate is also not very pretty, but who cares so long as it tastes good.

But I did overcook my bacon slightly, the eggs were perfect though, nice, almost runny yoke when I cut into them.

Hi Linda, just out of curiosity do you eat one meal a day, two or three? I mostly eat 3-4, as I never can manage a big meal in one sitting. Lamb meat is delicious for sure, but I find it harder to digest than other meats. I shall try ground beef next week and see if I can do something a bit more exciting with it. What of course I would like is a lovely tender steak, but you don’t really get value for money, I think. Pork belly I have once a week, otherwise much too expensive, as one pack of 5 pork belly strips only provides one meal, and because my SO and I share it, it’s more of a snack. The gammon joint is good value, and bacon. So as well as taste it’s what my SO and I can afford really. Pork chops are better value for money. But considering the amount of cream I go through in a week, that is probably a small fortune, right there. Yes, I agree 100% that we should follow our bodies’ cravings, I never crave carbs or sugar, but meat, cheese and cream, absolutely. Oh, and coffee.

Hi FrankoBear, could it be that the body becomes so adapted at burning fat that if there’s even a small bit of glucose it experiences a kind of shock? I read an article, I forget the details, about how some people who were on a ketogenic WOE for a certain amount of time, experimented with glucose. They downed a bottle of some glucose-rich liquid, I forget what. But what the article said was the shock of glucose to the system after following keto caused slight cell damage, which then corrected itself once they resumed ketogenic eating, if I remember correctly.

that maybe plus darn it is good tastin’ and good eating :slight_smile: I attack all that crispy crunchy juicy pork fat also. omgosh so good! Eat what ya want when ya want it, your draw to certain meats etc. will change around on ya when your body says so. I can wake up and say immediately, I must have a tin or 2 of sardines today. Til that day I wake up wanting them and I know I want them I don’t even think about them at all LOL For about a year I lived on 2 ribeyes per day :slight_smile:

yea this could trigger, who knows, but key being I had to dump all hot spicy from my life. honestly I can’t handle what it does to me anymore. Hope you are feeling better!

--------------------SO MY day was simple and toward lilghter eating again. Just didn’t want much.

3 sausage patties.
3 thin cut pork chops.

done deal :slight_smile: Not much draw to food, nothing is screaming out to me ya know. Ok, will just keep cruising along!

I am sitting here with a blank in my brain. What to defrost for eating later? Usually I can immediately know the food I want…right now, again, could care less. So I guess a steak must be defrosted cause I need some meat available and I do have burgers I cook from frozen so I can just leave those til I want them. OK…steak and burger today.

zc on strong all

Hi Fangs, I think our appetites go up and down. Though I usually eat three meals with one additional if I require it. But I don’t ever feel like eating too much in one sitting. I couldn’t do just one meal a day. Sardines can be nice. But I never actually crave fish. I’ve never craved fish in my life, and that is not to say, I don’t think it tastes good. But my body never asks for it, it’s always meat. When I do buy fish, just because I tell myself I need to eat more seafood, I get the smoked mackarel fillets, they are quite nice. But they’re just nowhere near as satisfying as meat. My SO and I have begun buying chicken thighs instead of chicken legs, and they’re nice and juicy with their crispy skin, that’s what we’ll be having today. It was pork chops yesterday and the day before that, and pork chops again tomorrow. Also I have a nice bit of gammon joint left from yesterday, I thought it would last me three days, but nope, I’ll eat the rest of it today. Now what I’m really craving at the moment is coffee, but I always leave it an hour before and after my meal, so as not to inhibit iron consumption. It’s annoying having to wait though, especially because it’s so cold. But then I’ve always been impatient. And I eat way more I find when I’m cold.

(Michael) #85

@FrankoBear it must be so frustrating dealing with your recurring heart issues. Sorry to hear about your continued struggles, you deserve relief.

good thing is you don’t have to ever do that :slight_smile: but never say never ever on carnivore. I thought I would never eat 2 tins of sardines LOL but hey, I do when the body asks :slight_smile: I do not eat fish, don’t like it other than a can of tuna every now and then so never worry on any of it.
eat what you want. when ya want it! Don’t do any comparisons against how others are eating on carnivore. This has to be a YOU journey ya know.

It is. And gross all alone in bigger amounts :slight_smile: That’s why I eat it with the meat, in the right ratio. I eat lean things with fat too. Separating them isn’t a good idea but now I can shift the ratio more than before.

Lard is delicious too, I snacked on it all alone in the very beginning (I “snacked” on pink Himalayan salt in the very beginning too)… Of course not any kind of lard… Lard is normally made by frying fat tissue, we get lard and scratchings, both are tasty.

I prefer cold fat I think… Except when it’s a fresh roast :slight_smile: Cold firmer fat is awesome (with meat with it. not even eggs are fine. not even dairy. we have a very traditional pasta dish with quark, sour cream and fried pork fat tissue, I don’t like that much as it has no meat. but it’s neat as all ingredients are nice, our traditional pasta is very eggy. of course it gets better if we skip the flour, no dilating my precious egg flavor!).

To my eyes it is pretty… Oh fine I show my horrible looking plate from yesterday, the not so blurry one, on my prettiest plate that always get some grease and then looks like it’s the dirtiest thing ever… I wiped it for the later pics but they got blurry…

Well this is ugly. Your food looks tempting and the photo nice. OMG I so hate Thomas with its stupid ugly face… But the food part is nice. Nice colors, not the best lighting but not the worst either…

Is that a thing? I just fry them into oblivion… Well, crunchiness and they are perfect :slight_smile:

We don’t have strips, that’s a bacon thing… We have slabs, even when it’s cooked and smoked. Not cheap but not very expensive. Around pork jowl price, more than half as much as the cheapest beef… I think. I wonder if I should give it a try… Now that I like to focus on fat more though it just makes my days overeating by default unless I avoid meat and eggs as much as I can…
Maybe I should go to the pig farm as I don’t want the expensive watery stuff from supermarkets or the huge fresh slabs with skin… Some nice smoked farm thing? Sounds good and no way I overeat it due to the insane salt content… Okay, that’s not ideal. I will check out all the pork belly slabs everywhere on our next shopping!
Bacon is waaaaay more expensive except the tiny cubes on sale that I buy because it works in my scrambled eggs. And bacon ends have a good price too and it’s the same just not sliced… But I almost never see such a thing.
Pork chop (well maybe not that but what I translate it to. we don’t have the stuff with the handle) is lean and a bit expensive, pork chuck price, it has no chance :smiley: Prok shoulder is cheap though, I imagine I will eat much of it in the future. The usual ham/butt (sold as “thigh”) with the price cap is a bit too lean and it leads to overearing protein too easily and I do that with anything now so no extra help is needed. But maybe I will eat it with lots of sour cream or something, should work on OMAD at least. As sour cream doesn’t satiate me but if I eat all my food at once, it is probably good for long term satiation? IDK and plan an experiment about it. I wanna eat as much sour cream as I want once. (It probably won’t be huge, I am used to eating dairy in moderation. It is worst with cream and cheese lately, I have a creamy cheesy phase. Yum. Should stop as they are more expensive and less valuable than my meat…)

…except when it wants me to eat 200, 300, whatever grams of fat and protein and next day I feel a burden in my belly as I clearly overate…
Desires may be out of control sometimes. But normally, absolutely. Our body may know better what it needs at the moment and forcing it to something sounds quite bad. I never force. I just try to figure out what works better.

:sob:
Still couldn’t quit it, I felt so close to it mentally though… But at one point we run out of it…

I googled gammon. So it’s ham? So theoretically it’s the same cut as the “thigh” I buy? Nice stuff but sometimes a bit too lean. I love when it is fattier.

That was the first thing I (kind of) learned. I did things I never thought possible for me :smiley: Going against solid, consistent past experiences. I even ate less on carnivore and it seems easy carni satiation always happen. And now I feel most carni food being totally irresistible and a little just don’t cut it… This is new. Never had in on/close carnivore before.
And it’s still just the start, no idea what proper longer term carnivore would bring…

It will be very interesting to see what happens with @never2late, she is still sooo in the beginning of her journey and already changed super much, super quickly!

I don’t think your plate is ugly either, Shinita. I’ve never tried deviled eggs, it looks good. What you said about Tomas made me laugh, I’ve kept the covering on because my boys like doing various crafts at the table, and it’s so easy to clean, but the other cloth was much nicer, I really like it, with a nice leafy pattern.
As to your last comment who can say where any of us will be at any given time, we simply cannot predict the future, and life is change, and going with our bodies’ desires, but I can say I’ve never felt so good as now on carnivore. I was never a foodie, never all that into food back on my high carb, low fat diet. I always thought of food more as a source of energy. I ate all the time because I was so low on that energy, and now I don’t need to, my body has regulated both hunger and satiety signals and my energy, although never great, doesn’t crash anymore like it used too.

better will come, believe me it will when ya get that monster ZAP of energy and you think, omg I HAVE to move or die LOL and it all hits us different in our time line but yes, there is big future changes to come, hold strong thru it all!

I want energy too…

I have sunshine, that helps :slight_smile: It seems like my energy and feeling right is like my fat-loss: a big door with zillions of locks and everything should be right to open the door… Well it’s not black or white, of course but I still have this feeling sometimes. If we mess up one important factor, it’s a problem.

My spirit is okay nowadays but my energy still is low. Not super low when I can’t even sit right and just desire to lie down and stay like that… Just normal low. Though it’s hard to tell as there is the mood to do things and it can pull me back very effectively too. The mood is on and off, sometimes I feel ready to do things, other times I just want to survive the day somehow…

Well it’s still sunshine and I already ate twice. It happens. I got borderline hungry in the morning and wasn’t in the mood not to eat for some reason… And then we had lunch. Just because I wasn’t hungry, I ate, it’s better for me to have a smaller eating window. Maybe I can pull this off…
136g protein, 181g fat. Maybe I shouldn’t focus on fat when I don’t do my best to avoid protein… I was just unsure what to do and my tentative plan is eating fat fast style when I don’t have my natural eating window. But I had pork roast and eggs so protein piled up quickly :slight_smile: I had nice food. I just ate about everything I had for my first meal, no idea how to eat simple. My food was simple, I just had a… 8 course breakfast? I had no main food so I ate a little of this, a little of that :slight_smile: Cheesy scrambled eggs are amazing. I find the very usual Gouda quite nice now. Sometimes I get bored of it. Not now. There is no boring food for me now. (Because I don’t have tuna. But tuna is tasty just too lean alone.)

So I am full and lazy and sleepy now. I went to bed late and woke up late but not late enough to have a proper sleep… So my energy level plummet after a meal (and a walk, we got the “mice chewed on it” free cat food a neighbour mentioned before. petted the dog Alvaro saved from a watery pit once, at night. lucky dog, the morning would have been too late… WHY that one neighbour leave open pits on his property IDK but Alvaro occasionally do some tresspassing to save animals, two badgers were the most interesting…)

I wondered about how nice it would be if I have a single simple cheap satiating food I can eat galore without problem. Would come handy in super hungry times. I only know one such thing except the problem as it’s liver and it’s hard enough to keep it as low as adviced… 500g liver is nice for 3 days, some more days pass and I am ready to eat it again… But I eat it about once in 2 weeks and use some other organ instead on the liverless weeks…
Maybe pork shoulder is the best. Even if it ruins my tracking. Maybe I shouldn’t track… It’s way too many measuring and calculating per day anyway… But I am curious. Can’t be helped.
But I only should eat pork shoulder once a day. Especially in hungry times. No problem, I probably badly need OMAD anyway… But as we know I don’t work that way, I am way too undisciplined. Not right word. If my body wants food early, it gets food early and of course it wants food later too.

I just want some vague base so I could chill. With less sponge cakes as baking it 3 times a week got old and tiresome. I quite like scrambled eggs right now so that helps.

I want more simplicity… I probably need to focus on it to make it happen.

My dinner, three juicy crispy chicken thighs. And I funnelled the fat from the baking tray into a cup and drank it which was nice. Tomorrow pork chops, chicken leftovers and bacon, so life is good🙂But will have to stop by the shop tomorrow after my morning walk to buy cream as I’ve run out. I made a coffee having forgotten that, and I was like☹️ But oh well, I’ve had enough cream for today and enough coffee and tomorrow I can get more. Stopped by the post office to return a parcel containing a headband and snood much too large. I’ve measured my head to be 53cm circumferance and women’s average head size is supposedly 57cm. So all the hats and headbands in that shop I wanted to order from, a very nice boutique in Edinburgh selling winter wear, are too large. I think I’ll have to buy from their selection of kids’ hats and kids’ snoods to get the right fit. Well it would work out a lot cheaper anyway.

I will tell it to Alvaro. He talks about drinking fat as some abomination sometimes… :wink:
(Well it sounds pretty nauseating to me as well.)
He merely goes outside naked in -7 Celsius because why not…

me too. I just saturate the meat and dip and then drink leftover but omgosh I am a huge chicken fat lover in taste. So get ya on that one and so darn satisfying for sure! YUM good zc pic.

Head measuring :star_struck::smirk: ya got me on that one since I hate any ‘head gear’ on me LOL