Lost it, but found it again

(Shaz) #1

Since my last post, 9 days ago, I’ve cut out everything and went through a phase of only steak and eggs. Anyway, that got too much, I went all dirty keto one day and had a triple cheeseburger from McD, sans onions, ketchup, mustard and bun and it was soooo good. Anyway, then I realised yesterday that you can have too much of a good thing when I nearly had a vomit whilst eating more beef, so I’ve decided that to make this tolerable, I have to do this my way and that advice is good and all but just because someone says don’t eat so much veg, capsicum or whatever, that may not be right for me as I like veggies and to keep doing this, I’ll need to reintroduce them (max 20g though).

On a completely different note, I haven’t had coffee since I started keto (with the headaches daily to prove how addictive that caffeine is) but had one today with a smidgeon of almond milk and my GORD (GERD if you’re American) came back. I had such bad reflux earlier, so back to the PPI for me!

Indeed, there is no single woe that is ideal or even good for everyone.
I only skipped vegetables when I lost interest in them after I realized they are too carby for me. And I still eat a slice now and then :wink: I wouldn’t buy it with myself but I live with a high-carber who thrives on his woe and needs his raw veggies. I see in my family that we need drastically different food choices (well we often eat the same main dishes but the side dish is as different as can be).

I wish you to find your ideal woe soon! :slight_smile:

(Allie) #3

The key to longterm success is to make it work for you, that’s what I do too. No one else’s rules, not bothered about labels, it’s just how I eat.

(Shaz) #4

I do enjoy keto, but I think I overdid the carnivore way too much!

(Shaz) #5

I’m 100g short of 4 kilos in 3 weeks, so it’s working but you’re right, I have to find out how to make it work my way.

yes if you are realizing this NOW when newer then you got the ideal way to have success.

you hold plan ‘values’ you need from that original plan, then it is ALL about making it work for you…your tastes, the food ya love and adore, what you don’t need that others swear by and don’t fast if ya hate it or fast if it suits you and all that jazz.

your individual plan is key to making it work long term and I know it, and I got it and now it sounds like you are heading there too. VEY COOL ya get it and do for you at all times :slight_smile: good post!

the more you truly understand what it takes for you will become that key to long term success and you sound like you are rocking just that!

(Robin) #7

That’s probably the best thing I learned from this forum. Ask the questions to get started, start out following the rules, then learn how you need to tweak them to be at your best and still reaching your goals. Every time I ask a question, I get advice and suggestions, but they always end with, “You do you.”

(Derrick Deon Barry) #8

Hello everyone I have enjoyed reading your comments. I was quite skeptical of the whole Keto thing but after speaking with my uncle who is a pediatrician he advised me that must diets and workout plans work very well if you stick to it. It was a basic but very truthful explanation.I ran across this free book on Keto Slow cook recipes. Please feel free to check it out and it may be of some value to you.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

And the problem with most plans is that they rely on cutting calories and increasing physical activity—a strategy that is guaranteed to make us hungry, tired, and irritable, which is why most people don’t stick with those plans!

The advantage of eating the appropriate human diet is that we are working with our hormones, rather than against them. This means that counting calories becomes unnecessary (after all, the race managed to survive without knowing what a calorie was for about 99.995% of its evolutionary history), and we can rely on our body to take care of itself.

(Derrick Deon Barry) #11

Very good point and observation sir. Thank you for your response.

(Shaz) #12

Thank you for this, a useful tool indeed :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jane) #13

You gotta find out what you can live with long term so you can stick to it.

I always got so bored and sick of meat and cheese doing Atkins on and off over the years. I was still afraid of fat due to the brainwashing and that is what makes meals so delicious. Never had that problem on keto.

(Ethan) #14

Did you quit the PPI cold turkey? Don’t do that! Your stomach will begin compensating and producing massive amounts of acid. It can actually be dangerous. Ween off.

(Allie) #15

I did, years ago now, no problems here. Ran out, didn’t want to pay for more, stopped. Sorted :grinning:

(Ethan) #16

Just because you did it doesn’t mean it’s safe. There are known serious risks with stopping PPIs, and that means it can and does happen—but not to everybody. Weening off is safe though!

LOL and I am carnivore and can’t stand keto/lc plans cause I despise veg and want only meat/seafood :wink: :sunny:

You said it in your post, everyone has to eat how they can make this a long term healthy eating change for them personally. It will never work any other way!! We all know right? We all tried adhering to this only food plan, eat only this way, eat this, don’t eat that and in the bitter end, we fail probably cause if we are not happy in our daily food choice we don’t have a prayer for long term commitment.

So agree…do you to make it work at all times! Good post!!

(Allie) #18

Was nothing the occasional cup of hot water and baking soda didn’t fix until my body fixed itself, same thing worked for the constant UTI that the doc had me on three different antibiotics at once to try and keep away. I don’t like taking meds at all.

(Amy) #19

PPIs are good for treating stomach and digestive realted illness, but were originally designed for no more than 6 months of use. One side effect that isn’t often discussed is that over time these medicines impair the body’s absorption of B12. So, if the PPI is needed, make sure to get a good B12 supplement!