Lost 54 pounds and only one dress size?!

(Ashley) #86

I went from 255 to 220 which wasn’t much said to me. 220 to 210 people started to notice and said to me. 210 to 195 and people are all noticing now. It’s like all of a sudden they noticed I lost a lot of weight in the last few weeks! Lol and I have been like where ya been? My clothes are just starting to change. My shirts have been getting bigger but it’s way more noticeable now. My pants I lost one size then stopped and have now lost like 6inches off my waist seemed like it just all of a sudden happened. So luckily I wear a lot of sweats and track pants for work so I haven’t had to buy clothes just yet! But im really pushing it.

How tall are you? Good job on the loss!!

I’ve been patiently waiting for a whoosh to get me into the 180’s but it hasn’t happened yet. In fact, I just gained 6 lbs back due to binging after a fast. Sigh.

(Ashley) #88

I am 5’2 I was stuck at 195 due to indulging a few times for birthdays of mine and my dads! I’m back on track now and losing 1lb every few days. I mostly eat meat! I cut out dairy, and most veggies. Been a bit stricter with my diet and it’s working. I mostly eat eggs, bacon, ground beef!

I’m 5’4”, stuck in the 190’s. I’m going to try alternate day fasting instead of weekly. Supposed to be good benefits to that. I also won’t have to worry so much about electrolytes that way. I suck at supplementing (hate salt!), so I had several dizzy spells during the week, which was not fun.

I wish I could cut out dairy because I’ve suspected for years that it wasn’t doing me any favors, but as a vegetarian most of my protein comes from dairy. Besides, I don’t think I could actually give up cheese :scream: I get some protein from eggs but I’m so sick of eggs. So sick of them that I gave away my 7 chickens. The eggs were just piling up!

Anyway, sounds like you’re leaning towards zero carb?

(Ashley) #90

Yeah sort of. I over indulge on cheese. And I am one of them people who total carbs work better than net carbs. The lower I keep carbs the better I’m doing. I’m basically transitioning to carnivore!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #91

Have you seen this recipe: KetoAide

It can help with electrolytes without seeming too salty (at least in my view). I use 32oz of water, so it dilutes it a bit more. Maybe consider supplementing with a protein powder that is low-carb, if you are having trouble getting your protein in? BTW, what is your target for protein? I’m 5’2" and I am for between 45-55g of protein a day.

(Ashley) #92

I’m 5’2 and I probably eat way more protein lol (I don’t track it since I’m mostly meat) but it’s been working for me!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #93

In my case I don’t want to lose weight, but need to keep my glucose low and ketones high for other reasons. I’ve found that keeping my protein in that range works for me. Everyone is different, so find what works for you!

I might have to switch to total carbs. I think the broccoli is sneaking in more than I realize.

I’ve seen it…and cringed. I can’t imagine drinking salty water. The best I can manage is to sprinkle like 1/8 tsp on my hand, lick it up, gag, and wash it down with water. I might do that twice a day, at best. I’m using the Lite salt that has potassium and I already take a mag supplement, so there’s that at least.

I do have a low carb protein powder. I keep forgetting I have it. I’m trying for about 60g of protein. I never, well hardly ever, get enough.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #96

It’s actually not that bad, considering the ¼ teaspoon of salt is mixed with 24-32oz of water. It’s best to mix it and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so to fully dissolve

Bleecccchhhh, LOL

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #98

Give it a try. I’ve found the magnesium citrate makes it not seem salty at all. I like the lemon-lime flavor. Just use like ½ a teaspoon of it. You don’t want to use too much (the liquid stuff will cleanse your bowel of you drink too much)

(Karim Wassef) #99

Most weight lost or gained is just water and food… the scale is meaningless. Here’s mine over the last few months of extended and cyclic fasting:

Gained 11lb in one day and lost 10lb another day… meaningless

Here’s my DEXA and RMR that actually has some useful info:

I’ve got a bottle of magnesium malate capsules. I take it separately at night, so no lemon-lime for me.

(Libby) #101

I also cannot bear the idea of drinking salt water. I got a “refill” bottle of the pink himalayan salt chunks that one is supposed to put in a fancy salt grinder. It makes the salt easier to take if they are in chunks. Just swallow like little pills. Not too much at one time, though.

They’re not scratchy when you swallow them?

He certainly looks collie to me.
I hope you got the sensible side of at least one of the breeds. They can both be dizzy and dippy, so if you got that side of the collie and the springer, heaven help you!
Bet he takes some exercise and entertaining. Both breeds get bored easily.
He’s beautiful though :smiley:

(Libby) #104

Nope, I don’t think so. I mean, they are gone soon enough!

I took too much one day, though, and really regretted it. My stomach wasn’t having it at all. So just a few, like, 10 or 15 little salt pieces.

(Ashley) #105

He got no sensible side lol, super smart tho, really hyper. I run him down our trail a few miles a day or he’s super sad!