Loss of appetite and nauseated

conversationstarters
keto
newbies

Good day everyone! I am 3 days away from being a month on my new lifestyle with Keto. I have had great success down 18 pounds but have a concern and pray I get some great advice from you keto pros. The last 2 days I have loss my appetite and was not sure if I should eat. I know how important protein is to stop muscle loss. Therefore, I make myself eat a few bites but then I am nauseated. I have a lot to lose, I started at 407 pounds. Please advise me if this is a keto experience. Thank you all and good luck to everyone on their journey.

(Karen) #2

Might you have a virus or be PG?? Take advantage and fast a bit.

K

Wish i was able to be blessed with a child. However, that’s not an issue. A virus is doubtful too because I feel fine unless I eat. Thank you though. Have a blessed day.

The same thing has happened to me as well! I’m a little more than a month in and for the last couple of days I’ve been nauseated and get satiated really quickly

(karen) #5

If you are in keto, don’t worry about protein. The first phases of fasting (voluntary or not) are not associated with much muscle loss at all. Relax, get some rest, drink enough fluids, have some salt, and have a little fat if you can stomach it.

Thank you

Wish you well soon

could it be lack of salt that’s causing us to feel nauseous?

I’m not sure what’s causing me to get full with literally half the food though, that’s a little concerning since that’s also a symptom of certain cancers.

Okay breathe, I am sure this is not a cancer issue. I am sure we are both experiencing a state of ketos. We will be fine. Just part of the process. Think positive.

agreed it’s probably keto related, sorry to freak out lol

(LeeAnn Brooks) #11

Most likely it’s an electrolyte imbalance. I get nauseous after runs when I’ve depleted a lot of electrolytes.
Try taking salt and see if it helps. If that is the problem, it should clear up in a few minutes.

Thank you

(Tracey Cook) #13

Hello, I have been on the keto diet for a month now and I don’t feel hungry. I try to eat a little and I feel nauseated before and after but I drink sea salt water and feel better for a while. Is it safe to keep drinking sea salt with water say 2 or 3 16 oz. bottles? Not sure how much salt is to much. Thank you for any response.