Losing weight but not clothing size

(Jamie) #1

Hi all, New to keto being trying my best to stick to keto have dropped out twice now because i under estimated some foods ( or over indulged…)

My question is has anyone lost a decent amount of weight but not seemed to of dropped in clothing size?

Been on keto for coming up to 6 weeks now, lost 7.35kg/16lbs and my size 40 jeans are still as tight as day one.

I know weight will drop from all over to start with but dropping a decent amount of weight and not seeing a change in waist size is odd to me i guess? I don’t expect to be in a size 38 in a click of a finger but would of thought they would be at least a bit looser 6 weeks in.

If it helps at all im 186cm/6’2 and starting weight was 121kg/267lbs

Anyone else have this? and i expecting too much too soon ?

Cheers,

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum, Jamie.

I didn’t notice a big change in my clothes at all until I lost almost 30 pounds, but then everything really started getting too baggy. When I would walk, my pants were falling down. I wasn’t wearing fitted pants, they were pants with elastic waists, but it was still a great feeling when it happened.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, I am sure that soon enough you will start to notice differences. Best wishes with the rest of your Keto journey =).

(Polly) #3

Patience is the key here. I bet that your face, and neck and wrists are all looking slimmer. We cannot choose which fat burns first. I found my watch strap needed tightening before my belt did. Stick with the plan it will deliver.

(Rebecca ) #4

Welcome! I agree with both responders! There is a lot going on inside of you…things you can’t “see”…just keep going!!

(Jill F.) #5

Stick with it! Mine started kind of slow then just started peeling off. Sometimes I would lose size and not weight, or vice versa.

Just think if it as a lifestyle change not a diet and you will stick with it. We did not gain weight overnight, it was from a series of really bad dietary habits and it takes time to unravel all of that.

While on your keto journey go back to why you ate the indulgences. Boredom, stress, anxiety? I have found not being able to drown my feelings in potato chips or candy bars has made my anxiety worse. We have to learn new coping skills in this crazy world to be able to stick with this healthier lifestyle.

Welcome to keto, stick around and you will see results!

I have lost close to 30 and just now noticing a lot of difference in how my pants fit. I can really tell
a much bigger difference in how my undershirts fit and that was noticeable after just a week or so. I bought a tape measure because of this, and I’m losing inches in the waist area, so I assume it’s just more noticeable with shirts than pants. Either that or I was in denial on how tight my pants where before I started losing.

• List item

I started bigger than you at the same height, 339lbs and a size 44 pants.

It probably took me about 30 pounds to drop a pants size and another 30 to drop to a 40.

Just give it some time. Are you exercising any? If so, what are you doing?

I’m still in a XXL shirt, but can fit into an XL which isn’t something others want to see. Lol :rofl:

(Jamie) #8

Thanks for all the replies

Guess im still being impatient and still somewhat cheating myself on weight loss after reading a few articles on drinking… going to have to cut it out!!

I haven’t been exercising as of yet, but built up a small home gym, have to start slow as majorly out of shape after my motorbike accident.

Thanks again!

(Paulene ) #9

I’ve just lost (my first) 10kg loss (of a total target of 40kg) and while my shirts are looser, there is minimal change in my pants. :cry: It probably doesn’t help that my pants are all stretchy. I think I’ve lost mainly from my face, boobs and a bit around my mid-section. Maybe a slight bit from my bum/thighs (or that may be wishful thinking). I’m guessing I might have another 5-10kg before I really start to see a difference.

If you’re able to, I’d try to make your workouts as close to the end of an intermittent fast as possible.

Your HGH levels will be elevated, that could lead to better results.