Losing, then not. Am I wrong?

newbies

(Courtney ) #1

So I started off with a bang and lost some water weight. Now I’ve been gaining for the past 3 days without really changing anything other than adding an electrolyte
Supplement (no carbs or sugar listed). So what am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

(Allie) #2

You’re probably not doing anything wrong. It’s early days, give yourself a break. Us women fluctuate all through the month so relax and give it a chance to work.

I suggest weighing yourself once a year at most, please report back on 9/12/18 with your results. I think you’ll be very pleased.

(Sheri Knauer) #4

So many things can make your weight go up and down. My weight can go up 5 lbs when Im getting close to shark week. Just KCKO and the weight will come back down, more importantly, you will lose inches. The scale is the worst indicator of progress.

(Deb) #5

What electrolyte did you add? Nothing else changed diet wise?

(Courtney ) #6

I added Cellucor BCAA Sport Maximize Performance Rehydrate & Recovery. There is no sugar or carbs listed on the nutrition label, but I’m new to reading labels :confused:

(Siobhan) #7

It is very common to lose water weight and then stop losing weight for a month or two after that.
It is not because you are doing anything wrong - your body is lowering insulin levels (if high), healing damage, balancing hormones… etc
You may notice some other NSVs (non-scale victories) in the mean time like shinier hair, or clearer skin, or more energy, or less hunger - focus on those!
Weight is very tricky, you can easily put on several lbs from water, food you’ve eaten, etc alone.
Take inches (waist, thigh, arm, etc) as they are more accurate - but preferably like once a month. Focus on how you feel instead :slight_smile:

(Allie) #8

BCAA’s can act like excess protein (gluconeogenisis) and kick you out of ketosis…

(Deb) #9

I agree. Stop the BCAA for a week. If you need to supplement for lost salt, drink bouillon or add salt to food or straight. Let us know.