Losing everywhere except in my face

(Jennifer M Palacios) #1

I haven’t taken progress pictures in about a month. Yesterday, when I compared my full body progress pictures, I could see so much difference around the waist area and in my hips. I am totally thrilled!
But this morning I took a picture of just my face to compare to last months close up and there is absolutely no difference. How can that be?

I am really annoyed. :roll_eyes:

Well it’s normal: our body decides where to lose from and sometimes it’s extremely assymmetrical. I am typical: I lose from my belly last, my face slimmed down in the very beginning, very quickly. Nice but my belly was and stayed my problem part… Well I need to finish things if I want a proper body shape. Life is like this for many of us.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #3

Congrats on that! I wish I could just see a little change in my face but you are right, our body will do what it wants. LOL

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

My face was one of the last places where fat appeared, so it was one of the first places where the fat disappeared. Now, my belly, on the other hand . . . :frowning_face:

(Scott) #5

Smile a lot, it really burns the fat!

Give it time and stay the course. It will happen.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #6

I think my face was the last to get chunky too. I guess I will have to be patient. :expressionless:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

Rapid weight loss in the face can be rather ageing so you might actually be better off in the long run.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #9

I like the sound of that! :+1:

(Jennifer M Palacios) #10

Very interesting!

My face is one of the last things to go, sadly I’ve got it down to a science from gain/loosing massive amounts multiple times over the years. I can literally get almost “thin” which isn’t something I’m into (dude) but only around there does my face thin out.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #12

So, I guess I need to be patient and expect my face to be one of the last things to thin out.

Patience, Jenn, Patience. :grimacing:

(Tracy) #13

I can’t loose the blubber on my back. In the front you can see my ribs.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #14

@JPalacios I’m thin overall including my face, but my cheeks adjacent to both sides of my mouth are starting to sag. I imagine if I do nothing I will eventually look like a skinny Churchill without the fat neck. That’s why Jawzrsize got my attention. I don’t particularly want a turkey neck either! I’m 75 so I hope it’s never too late. :sunglasses:

article-1187368-00C35A8700000578-825_233x262

(Tracy) #15

Looking at a pic of my face 5 years ago compared to today, I think I look much older that I should. I’m saggy in the neck and mouth and I’m only 42. I’ve always taken care of my skin and used sunscreen. It’s due to stretching and losing. I’ve considered fillers but I don’t want to start an expensive habit and end up looking freaky.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #16

I also can’t seem to lose the belly and fatty part around my waist (muffin tip) but the upper part of my torso is thinning and you can see my ribs starting to show. Super weird how our bodies do what ever they want.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #17

Do you do the jaw exercises currently? I would love to know how it all works out for you.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #18

Yes, we don’t have any control over exactly where or how much body fat our metabolism decides to utilize. But as it gets used up in other places it will eventually get used from your muffin top. Or not. Sometimes our ‘normal’ is not what we imagined it would/should or like it to be.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #19

Not yet, but every day I look in the mirror my motivation goes up a notch. I am going to go for it, but haven’t just yet. I’ll let you know when I do. I’m also wondering whether a rubber ball would work as well.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

My face actually looks gaunt at this point. Too bad the rest of me doesn’t! :rofl::grin::bacon: