Losing everywhere except in my face

(Jennifer M Palacios) #21

I just looked at a picture of my face from a few years back and I look so bright and young. I have always had dark circles and slight bags under my eyes, I think it is hereditary. My mom always had the dark circles and bags.
When I look at recent pictures of my face, my cheeks are slightly rounder but what bothers me is my jawline. It is so wide and round now.
I can deal with the dark circles and bags, never have been able to get rid of them but I would just like to shave a little off my jawline. :upside_down_face:

(Jennifer M Palacios) #22

Yes let me know how it all works out.

So your profile pic is from a few years ago? :thinking:

(Jane) #24

Sometimes we need to disconnect from the perfection of photoshopped images in magazines and surgery-enhanced celebrities as the “standard”. I know people (and especially women) are judged on appearance but we can be our own worst enemy. If your avatar is current you are beautiful.

(Jane) #25

When i was young and pretty (instead of old and cranky LOL) I weighed 118 lbs at 5’ 2” and STILL had 36” hips. Had a tiny waist but if I only focused on my thunder thighs and hips I would have been unhappy. As it were… I figured I was stuck with my genetics and should make the best of it.

(Jennifer M Palacios) #26

LOL. That one is recent.

I was looking at some old pictures, you know when I was younger and in my prime. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jennifer M Palacios) #27

Thank you!

(Jennifer M Palacios) #28

Ooooh to go back to when I young and pretty! You and I can be old and cranky together. :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

When I was in high school in the early 1970’s, the perfect measurements for a woman were considered to be 36"-24"-36". I knew a girl with those measurements, and she looked spectacular. (I know, I know, but I can still appreciate feminine beauty when I see it. If anyone could have turned me hetero, it would have been she.)

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #30

I’ll go there.

I recently heard this joke:

“I’ve never been attracted to a woman with an hour-glass figure. I prefer them to have a head, arms, and legs.”

I am really not the type who says everyone is beautiful but there is no fixed numbers for a healthy, good-looking woman… People have different shapes even if their bodyfat is perfect and there is no problem with that.

I join the others who think Jennifer looks good and young :slight_smile: Yep, we all were younger but being old, well that will be much later for many of us. And feeling old is another thing entirely. I am fine with being old eventually, I just want to feel well, having energy and health! But it’s easy to be wise for me about it, I never was pretty or even slim :slight_smile: But I can’t complain, I didn’t have it too bad. And my family has pretty good genes, mostly. We very rarely get sick during our life.

We have similar numbers for the “ideal”, 90-60-90 as we use cm. Most women here has the biggest problem by far with the waist size…

(Khalil Islam-Zwart) #33

Back? When? As if! LOL!

Glad to see you are still doing well here!