Looking for some keto sauces

My diet mostly consists of egg yolks, meet, liver, bone broth, beef dripping and cream. However I’m looking to add some extra flavour to my meat after 2 months of eating it without any sauces. Most of the sauces I can find in the shops are just junk filled with vegetable oils, starches and sugar. I don’t want to eat that on a daily basis and generally I’m quite bad with cooking. How can I make simple sauces to eat with my meat?

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

You can always use the pan drippings, just remove the pan from over the fire after removing the meat, add a 1/2 cup of red wine, place back on the heat and add any spices you like with your meat to that. Lamb likes rosemary, pork like sage, fish likes dill, they all like garlic. Simmer to reduce the liquid to your preferred thickness. Most are good in 5-10 mins.

Or you can check out sites like this one for other ideas https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes/sauces-dressings

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3

Do you like spicy? Maybe hot sauce? Even though peppers are highish carb, you use so little.

Or homemade mayonnaise. If you replace the oil with butter you basically get hollandaise.

:open_mouth:Spicy Mayo! I must make.

Sauces and condiments I use:

Don’t forget about spices. Besides salt and pepper, I use smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, curry powders, ground ginger, Chinese five spice, cinnamon, etc.

(Bob M) #5

You could try something like this:

Note: I have NOT tried this, but people rave about it. I do have it in my Amazon cart though.

There are also some BBQ sauces that aren’t too bad in carbs and taste good.

My favourite is just have a couple of tablespoons of melted butter in a glass condiment dish and dunk my meat with every bite. That is, when I’m in an eating mood!:yum:

(Edith) #7

I like to mix mayonnaise with wing sauce or I make a nice garlic aioli that uses mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.

Maria Emmerich has a lot of tasty keto sauces. You may want to look at some of her cookbooks. She may have some recipes online. I don’t know for sure.

Make a béarnaise sauce for your meats. Its just egg yolks and butter and a bit of vinegar. BUT YUMMY! Look for recipes on youtube for any sauces - just put “keto” in your search criteria.

(Bacon for the Win) #9

Have you read Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan? I believe all of her books have recipes for sauces but Well Fed 2 is my go-to for most. She has many to try and the Russian dressing is my favorite.

I make a simple cheese sauce using cream, grated cheese, onion powder and guar gum for thickening. I have it with corned beef and cabbage. Yum! Good for dipping pork rinds into as well.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

But you need special dishes for that, because there’s no plates like chrome for the hollandaise!

(Sometimes I just slay me!) :rofl::rofl:

(Kim Rogers ) #12

I am a little late to this particular party but I mix cream cheese and sour cream and some dill pickles. I use it to dip meat in and also great for pork rinds too. Or cheese crisps.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Our neighbor gave us ghost peppers today. So I will be doing a hot sauce with a few of those and drying the rest. Here is video on how to do that, it is keto as you would never use enough on anything to get a high carb count. I’m a pepper belly and can hardly eat a bite of those peppers without a chaser of cream to soften the burn.

(Ken) #14

You can buy that at Walmart.

(Bob M) #15

Thanks. I ended up getting it from Amazon. I think it’s GREAT, not spicy at all. Sadly, though, it seems to cause allergies for me. I still eat it though.

If anyone does buy this from Amazon, you might want to look for smaller bottles. The one I bought is huge.

(Tracy) #16

I love honey mustard and obviously that’s off limits. Here’s a great substitute:

Whole grain mustard or your preference of mustard
paprika
liquid allulose (any sweetener would probably work)
apple cider vinegar

Sorry I don’t have exact measurements, just use everything to taste.

(Nicci) #17

Buy a tin of smoked chipotle peppers. Add a couple of them and a bit of the sauce they are canned in to
a food processor or blender with some homemade mayonnaise. It’s delicious, has a kick. Great on hamburger either as a patty or a Mexican taco, also great with chuck roast cubes, corn beef, etc.
I put it on almost anything. :smiley:

(Mike W.) #18

This is my goto for pork chops/tenderloins. Make your own Mayo and you’re golden. It’s so good.

(Doug) #19

Mike, that looks excellent. :sunglasses: My wife and I have gotten close to that just by trial-and-error and messing around. Great combination of tastes. Personally, it’s just enough vinegar “bite” to be fantastic.

My mustard sauce is just mustard (the condiment, not the seed powder) and yolk, works for me but this one sounds interesting. It would be overly fatty for me but my own mayo has more yolk than lard so it may be just fine :wink: And if I can make it with mustard seeds, I spare the sweetener… I will try it! (Without the scallions.)