Looking for Resources on Endurance Running and The Ketogenic Diet

(Windmill Tilter) #1

My Father’s good friend is an author who is writing a book on ultra-endurance running. He’s now aged 78 and still puts in 40 mile training days.:smiley: He’s been in the game for decades, wrote a book on ultra-endurance running way back around 2001, and he’s real character. He set the 24hr American record with 156 miles back in 1983, and set the American 100 mile record at 12:27:01 in 1984. In his down time he’s authored 22 books, and was a professor of biology with 100 peer reviewed articles published. Like I said, he’s a real character!

My father was having dinner with him in his cabin in Maine, and was he talking to his friend about being on the carnivore diet and fasting, which was something his friend knew nothing about, but was absolutely fascinated by.

At any rate, he wants to do some research and include a chapter or two in his book about fat adaptation, and ketogenic endurance athletes. He’s 78, and although internet savvy, would probably prefer books and research articles to podcasts or websites. He is a relatively famous and prolific author, and it seems like a cool opportunity to reach a broad audience with regarding endurance training and the ketogenic diet.

So my question is, what books should he read? What would be some good resources for him?

Thanks in advance!

(Chris) #2

Check out Zach Bitter! I believe he is a world record holder in this sport.

(Windmill Tilter) #3

Wow. That guy is a badass and he’s keto to boot. It looks like he holds the current US 100 mile record at 12:40. I’d say he’d be a good guy to talk too. Thanks!