Looking for a keto diet that includes intermittant fasting

Wow, so such people exists too?
I only remember going to bed hungry once, it was awful, worst sleep ever.

Though there is a difference between hunger and hunger I suppose… I still won’t ever go to bed hungry if I can help but some hunger is cute and not bothersome while others may interfere with various important things.

I have that but I still have hunger too. But sometimes not for a week. My body still clearly tells me if I need fuel. That is my most reliable sign, not hunger.

I agree :slight_smile: Maybe a tiny push here and there if the hunger or need for fuel isn’t bad… Nowadays I may get hungry early but it’s some baby hunger that passes, I ignore that. I don’t ignore proper hunger.

Keto is nothing more than being in Ketosis. There is no such thing as an “official” one with rules, minus the (actual) Ketogenic diet that’s a medical intervention.

If you want to fast, than simply fast. I wouldn’t recommend it, but you just do it.

So start tracking, if you were you’d already have your answer as to why you stopped losing, and then started gaining. Can’t troubleshoot with your eyes closed.

I’ll second @Shortstuff, 78g of protein? Unless you want the scale to drop from muscle loss, get that up! Don’t want to lose weight while getting fatter, that’s how that one ends!

Are you working out? Sedentary?

(Chuck) #23

Like I have said I am never hungry. Not even the few times I have felt dizzy from my blood sugar going low. Now I do have cravings at times, but never true hunger. Maybe it is because I still have so much fat that I need to get rid of. I still have a quite a bit of soft flabby fat around my belly and thighs.

(Robin) #24

Automagically.
Great word! :yellow_heart:

(Kameron Cole) #25

thanks for all the responses. regarding more protein, that’s actually one of the documented dangers of keto: it’s easy to get into too much protein, because it’s a simple solution, and often the only one available at restaurants.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7008768/ " It is a high-fat, low-carb, moderate-protein diet that produces metabolic changes similar to those seen in a state of starvation."

" With so much fat to metabolize, the diet could make any existing liver conditions worse . Kidney problems. The kidneys help metabolize protein, and McManus says the keto diet may overload them. (The current recommended intake for protein averages 46 grams per day for women, and 56 grams for men)." https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/should-you-try-the-keto-diet

So, I now see, thanks to you, that “intermittant fasting” is just some buzzword, that makes no sense in the reality, since ketosis is already a kind of fasting. “Fasting” overnight is also a non-issue for me - I eat around 7 pm, and then have no intake until 7 a.m. I have never experience hunger in the night - except back when I drank alcohol.

I will take a look at the Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and [Diet Doctor]

(Allie) #26

Debunked time and time again. It only needs to be moderate protein when being used for medical reasons, such as cancer or epilepsy. Gluconeogenesis is demand driven, protein is essential.

There is a wealth of knowledge here, way more helpful than studies that are likely only relevant to a tiny subset of the population.

(Kameron Cole) #27

yes. totally on board. medical studies are just paid propaganda, for the most part. groups like this are essential to keeping healthy.

nonetheless, this is not a medical forum. and I do need to keep my liver :wink: so I had to check. Thank you!

(Kameron Cole) #28

I do 90 minutes of ashtanga yoga every morning. ashtanga is the kind used for the Indian military, so it can burn up to 800 calories over 90 minutes.

I have been doing this for such a long time, that I don’t burn that much at all. if done correctly, my heart rate never elevates. so for me it has become entirely strength training.

I do take a protein powder daily, as of late, it is “keto” - 2 g of carbs. I haven’t really started tracking this, so I might need to adjust my protein intake. The brand is PurusLabs and the type is KetoFeed. If anyone is familiar with this, or has any experience, that would be appreciated.

(Allie) #29

You’ll find we tend to prefer real food here, rather than shakes and bars, or anything specifically labelled as “keto” for marketing purposes.

I don’t think so.

1. Most people don’t eat very much protein on keto as I saw and only a few eats enough to get protein toxicity. Unnecessarily much protein may happen but it doesn’t hurt our body yet, it’s just a tad more expensive and in my case, triggers fat overeating due to…
  2. There are plenty of fat protein sources and they are often quite tasty. It’s no problem to consume only protein sources (if we like that, I mean) as we can choose leaner or fattier items so we can have the right amount of fat and protein, at home or at a restaurant alike, I suppose. It’s problematic if we only like lean protein sources as that hardly will work with keto. And it’s problematic if we have a small energy need, a high protein need and we only like fatty protein and fats (I had that. no wonder I stayed fat, keto or not).

Yeah, sure. My body screams bloody murder anywhere below 130g but even if I focus to stay there (minimizing my protein is an important mission), 200+ g days happen. It’s good there is no problem with that. My body likes that.

And I don’t even eat much meat on carnivore… Just a decent amount with some eggs and dairy.
150g meat for lunch isn’t anything special, I can’t imagine eating a bite of meat in a sea of fat. 46g is SUPER tiny. A little snack that makes me hungry.
I have read those ridiculous numbers myself, of course but I couldn’t come up with ANY woe to match it. I would need to eat plant-based but without all the protein-richer plants… Even plants are too protein rich for that.
And obviously tons of women and men need way, way, way more protein. These fixed numbers are very stupid, they ignore all the wonderful individual differences. But they are super low anyway, I would be in panic thinking about my tiny muscles diminishing… But again, it’s just hunger for me. I must stay above 130g - maybe 100 works on OMAD, it happened before, probably couldn’t do that every day though.

Sorry it’s one of the topics I have a strong opinion and feelings :slight_smile:

Why to eat protein powder if you want to eat little protein anyway? It’s so easy to get from normal food. No problem with a good protein powder (or almost any if one can’t get enough protein from normal food for some reason I suppose, it’s an unfortunate thing) but why is it needed?

No, it’s not. It’s laughable debunked nonsense that’s been clinically disproven for many years. The two fears of “too much protein” was the incorrect assumption that it would hurt your kidneys, and the second one was that it fueled gluconeogenesis, which it doesn’t as it’s a demand driven process, not supply.

What IS proven, is that low protein consumption will lead to muscle and eventually bone loss making you weak and fragile.

(Chuck) #32

The too much protein is a ploy by the processed food industry to get people to eat the crap they call food. I am 75 years old and have eaten high protein my entire life, I haven’t ever been hospitalized, not ever had to go to the ER. The health issues all started the highly processed food and eating a high carb processed food.