Looking for a good recipe aggregation app

(Jared) #1

This isn’t necessarily a Keto problem, but I could see many of you facing the same issue. I cook a lot for myself these days, and as my collection of recipes grows, it gets harder and harder to go back and find the one I’m looking for. Currently I have a huge (OCD organized) set of bookmarks I’ve saved in Chrome. This works well enough, as I have an iPad mounted under my kitchen cabinets as my TV/jukebox/cook book.

But I also have a ton of family recipes from an assortment of emails, texted pictures of grease stained paper, and I-call-mom-every-time-and-forget-to-write-it-down’s. I have a couple eCookBooks as well. I was wondering if any of you had any favorite app recommendations for me. I want something that is quick and easy to import in new recipes to. Ingredients on half the screen and directions on the other would be preferable. Cross platform would be ideal, but I could make just iOS work.

Any suggestions welcome :slight_smile:

(Rob) #2

As you say, it’s all been done before…

My strong preference is Paprika - http://www.paprikaapp.com - quite a few people have taken it up and seem happy.

I use Keto Diet App for IOS.

It has it’s own nutrition values, and the ability to scan UPC, and many restaurants values, and you can use their recipes or enter your own from the base ingredients,

Paprika all the way. Love how quickly you can scrape/convert a website to a saved recipe. Love the scaling feature (I want to 2.5x this recipe!), ingredient search (oh I have a cucumber in my fridge, what shall I make with it tonight), and all the categorizations too (I want a yummy side dish I haven’t made in awhile). I have like 700 recipes stored on it. It’s a huge life saver!

(Jared) #5

I’m going to download when I get home tonight. Sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I hope the browser scraping works well. If it does, $5 is a steal.

(Rob) #6

I’ve only found a couple of sites that don’t work. It is very good at scraping. Wait for a sale to add a Mac or Win license if you want cross platform and they will sync.

(Lee Ann) #7

I really like copymethat. https://www.copymethat.com/sharing/

They have ios apps, so I can access my recipes on my iPad while cooking, and also on my iPhone while shopping.