Long Term Keto, New to the Forum

(John) #1

Hello all, been lurking on the forum, but decided to finally post. My keto journey in some ways began over 21 years ago when I got out of the military and decided to “reward” myself with all the things I deprived myself of and pretty much ate everything and anything I wanted, and before long, I had fatty liver, and was 305 pounds. Fast forward to 2009 when a coworker introduced me to gluten free, which then transformed to low carb & keto. Within a couple of years of keto, I had dropped 70 pounds and have been able to keep it off by living the low carb/keto lifestyle.

I found that having a support system and a group of like minded people to talk to really helps. I have been listening to the 2 Keto Dudes podcast which led me to the forum. I am looking forward to learning from the group, and helping others if I can.

-John

(Jane) #2

Welcome!

And I love to hear about folks who have kept the weight off long-term - very hopeful and inspiring.

(John) #3

Thanks Jane! I guess that is what draws the distinction between a “diet” and a lifestyle.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #4

Hi, the group here is great, supportive and positive. Happy to have you join us. Welcome

(John) #5

Great to know. We can always use a little help now and then. Thanks!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6

Welcome to the forum! And it’s great to see someone who has stuck with it for so long and kept the weight off :grin:

(Laurie) #7

Great transformation! Thank you for posting.

(Candy Lind) #8

Welcome! Great testimonial. We’re glad you’re here to share your version of lchf/keto.

And … THANKS for your service! Semper Fi!

Happy Thanksgiving, Too, BTW.

(John) #9

thanks everyone!!

(Scott H.) #10

Awesome! Keep it up!

(Kay baker) #11

As a newbie to Keto and this site I am very inspired by your success…thank you for sharing and I look forward to your posts…

(MyLove MyLife) #12

Thank You for sharing, When we fall only we know the value of the raising you did amazing work its inspires us.