Liver Lover!

(Karen) #1

So I really like grass-fed beef liver and I am able to order it from my local butcher. I always make the traditional “liver and onions”. Any other favorite ways to prepare liver?

(Donna Sulz) #2

Just a quick fry in butter - and not for very long. Still nice and tender, and delicious with a little butter added on top.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #3

Liver fan here, too! Poulty and fish varieties!

Here’s what I’m doing tonight.

Sauté mushrooms and small onion in butter.
Add liver, cut into bite size pieces
Sauté until done - don’t overcook
Add salt and pepper to taste
Add heavy whipping cream and simmer for a minute or so
Remove from heat and sprinkle lemon juice over it just before serving

I have the same question too! EVERYTHING involves onions, the one with mushrooms and heavy cream looks good. However, I LOVE variety and other than to saute with onions, the only other thing I can think to do is bread and fry…

(Ken) #6

Liver can also be used as a flavor enhancer. I like to cuisinart it into ground beef of pork, but it would probably work with any meat. It adds a nice tang, the amount added is up to you.

(Katie) #7

A lot of people ‘hide’ liver with ground beef to cover up the strong flavor, but I like to pair it with chicken. Chicken is dryer and blander and balances nicely with liver. I like to cube both, cook, and top with Italian spices and white pepper.

I also like liver by itself!

I’m going to try that!

Currently, I bake the liver in the same pan that I just previous baked a batch of bacon in the bacon nectar. The liver has a nice bacon flavor.

(Carolyn) #11

A year ago I discovered this “Dry Fried” liver recipe and have not made it any other way since.
Fresh lemon juice and garlic (not powdered) make all the difference.
https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/stolen-garlic-chicken-livers-110936