Liver cirrhosis reversed

(Jeanette Villanueva) #1

Huge NSV. Been on Keto for a year and my cirrhosis went from stage 4 to stage 2-3! All from keto! My liver doctor made (Well strongly suggested) me start this wol. The best thing i ever did. I had a biopsy before i started and another one a week ago. Im sooo happy! This is my life! KETO ROCKS!

Keto and cirrhosis
Is KETO safe to pursue if you have alcohol cirrhosis?
(Karen) #2

Wow!! Congratulations!!

That’s huge.

K

(Jeanette Villanueva) #3

It is. I was so nervous but now ecstatic. More proof that this life style works

(Darlene Horsley) #4

HUGE NSV!!! Congratulations!

(Doug Jolliff) #5

That is absolutely awsome.

Amazing! Congrats!

What did your doctor say about this result? Does he (or she) expect further reversal?

(Jeanette Villanueva) #7

Yes! Told me to “keep it up, stay low carb and we’ll see how much more we can improve your liver”. He is hoping for a complete reversal,

(Rob) #8

Brilliant news!

If I may ask, what was the cause of your cirrhosis? Alcohol, NAFLD, auto-immune, etc. I only ask since my mother has cirrhosis due to auto-immune hepatitis and since different causes apparently impact the reversibility of the damage it would be good to know so I could try to persuade her to lower her carbs (more). Many thanks.

(Jeanette Villanueva) #9

Mine was due to auto immune issues and prescribed steroids, like mega steroids. My doc is the leading one in the region and he does this with all his patients. He is also a low carb eater :grinning: so of course he recommends it and says so far everyone has responded. I

Awesome!

(Rob) #11

Great news for you and my mum! :grin:

Does your doc expect you to be able to ever incorporate more carbs back into your diet once reversed? I would have assumed that your liver, once repaired would not be damaged per se by higher carbs. I’m not saying SAD but 100g/day?

I’m not sure I could persuade mum if it was keto for life…

Either way this is inspiring!

(Jeanette Villanueva) #12

Nope. But i would never want to. And she might feel so good that she will want to stay keto. Just saying, i feel so good i cant go back.

(Rob) #13

She might at that but she needs the ray of hope to get into it. :grin:

I take it the stages go to 5 so you were pretty far gone! Seems almost criminal that doctors just prescribe more steroids, immunosuppressants and then all the drugs to counter the side effects of those with no attempt at reversal. Have you been titrating your drugs down as you’ve been reversing?

(Jeanette Villanueva) #14

I have been off all meds except one since after 3 months into Keto. And per docs orders no steroids, nsaids and others. Thank God I found Keto to heal my body!

Fantastic news! Congratulations! What a blessing!

(Rob) #16

Stages go up to 4…

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/staging.html

That’s as bad as it gets, so to come back from 4 to 2-3 is great news for @LdyJnet!

(Jeannie Oliver) #17

I am so happy to find this post! My NAFLD is my primary motivator for starting this WOE. I was first diagnosed via a scan six years ago. At the time I could find very little information in the library or online, and my doc’s only advice was “lose weight, exercise more”. (For decades I have fluctuated from 15 to 35 pounds overweight for my height.)

Last September he ordered a second scan to follow up. According to the report, my damage has not changed since the first diagnosis.

I am 68 years old, and when I learned what keto can do for longevity and brain health, I figured I would be a fool to not try it.

Congratulations, Jeanette! You are an inspiration.

This is really interesting. Decades ago I was given a Hep C diagnosis–before it was even known- and was told to not eat meat or fatty things. I had been a vegetarian for many years, but my body was craving meat and fat. I listened to it, and ate it almost everyday. After I recovered, I never wanted meat again and I no longer register as having any Hep.

I guess there’s some science now proving I did right

(Jeanne Wagner) #19

Awesome news! Congratulations!!

I only have a fatty liver (I hope) but this is indeed encouraging.