Live experiment part 3

(Alec) #21

This from ruled.me

(bulkbiker) #22

Really not being snarky but why do you want a sweetener?

(Alec) #23

I do like some sweetener in my tea, I like some sweetener over my berries and cream, and lots of recipes call for a sweetener. I understand what you are saying: ween yourself off sweet, but that’s a long term project for me. Right now I am trying to optimise the sweetener I am using.

(bulkbiker) #24

Fair enough… just wondered… seems a lot of effort! Good luck with your search.

(Alec) #25

I know, I am very sad! I actually enjoy doing these tests! :joy::joy::crazy_face::shushing_face::see_no_evil::scream:

(Karen) #26

If you’re not hung up on natural Splenda zero doesn’t have dextrose in it like the packets. It’s a liquid though. Not useful for sprinkling on baked goods. I like the flavor so much better than monk fruit, which I tried to like. And I hate stevia, but they are all acquired tastes.

K

(KCKO, KCFO) #27

I don’t like pricking my fingers, so thanks for doing that in these tests so I don’t have to do it myself. I am not T2D, but I want a sweetener that my husband who is can utilize. He is more sweets oriented, I am a salty crunchie kinda gal. Following your progress.

(matt ) #28

Standard disclaimer that Xylitol is toxic to dogs. So use with care if you have dogs or are taking food to someone’s house that has dogs.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #29

Ah, the salty crunchy type. I can relate. I have never used sweeteners, and the few times I have eaten frozen berries on keto, I couldn’t believe how sweet they tasted. Too sweet. I guess I am still brainwashed into thinking occasional fruit is good. But why, I don’t know, as my keto goal is to get my triglycerides down. My husband one time starting drinking orange juice, and the doctor told him to stop immediately, based on his blood test.

(Alec) #30

Matt
Quite right. We do have a dog, and we have to be very careful. One of the reasons I started to look at erythritol was because of this issue: I am figuring, why take the risk? Especially if there is another sweetener out there that does better on insulin response.

(KCKO, KCFO) #31

We have raspberry bushes and I love freezing them and eating them over the summer as they come ripe as well. It is my primary fruit these days.

(bulkbiker) #32

you eat raspberry bushes? are they low carb enough? :smiling_imp:

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

Just the berries and some of the leaves end up in my herbal blends. Raspberry leaf is an old folk medicine.