Liquid Mag in Canada?

(Mary) #1

Hi all.

I’m pretty new here - I only found this forum 2 days ago and by that time I was already on day 5 of a fast. Seems like I found you just in time:grin:! I’m sure it’s no surprise to any of you that there’s very little support out there for a fast. And it looks like I need some…

Today is day 7. I told myself when I started that I’d keep going until my body told me to stop. Trouble is, I don’t have enough experience to understand its signals. I’ve done 2 day fasts before and figured anything longer would just be… longer. I knew nothing about electrolytes, sodium, etc. I’ve been feeling pretty crummy for the past 2 days, sort of nauseous and my lower legs feel a bit numb when I’m walking. I went to both a large grocery store and a drug store this morning looking for liquid mag to make my own ketoade and was unable to find any. In desperation, I picked up some Hydralyte, which is far from ideal as it contains glucose. However, I’ve just finished 2 tablets dissolved in water and feel much better! So - going forward, what can I use to make my own glucose-free version?

Hm… perhaps I’d better mention where I’m coming from. I’ve been on and off Atkins for years and keto-adapt pretty easily. I’m 55, female, 5’7" and 218 lbs. I figure with this much stored energy on my body, I should be able to fast for quite a while…

If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading!

I was making ketoade but I wanted a magnesium source that was flavorless so instead of Magnesium Citrate liquid I got some of this Calm stuff. Tried it for the first time last night with some lite salt in water and I’m a fan.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OQ2DL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

(Mary) #3

Thank you, Rian! I actually have some Natural Calm and never thought to use it.
Much appreciated.