Light Headedness after 40 hours of fasting

(Renee Slaughter) #21

Yea I believe I was. Ketones were 1.5 the in morning after 24 hours. Then rose after that. So I am going to try another 3 day fast and see. Will check ketones daily. I did think that I may not be as adapted. This is only my 3rd month doing keto. Did a 40 hour fast this week and I remembered more salt. This time it was much easier. Open to any suggestions or obsrvations

(Renee Slaughter) #22

Update
On hour 45. Yeah feeling like a boss. Hour 36 came and I had the lightheadedness. Made some beef bone broth on the slow cooker the day before. Had some this morning with butter and salt. Shazam! Good to go rest of the day. Woohoo. Breaking this fast st hour 48. Steak with butter, fried cabbage with bacon and cauliflower mash. Yesss!

(Mary) #23

Have you managed to wean yourself off coffee already?! I’ve been “weaning” (more decafe, less real stuff per cup) for a month now and I’m still not quite off caffeine. I tried cold turkey a few months ago and that was so traumatising, I knew I had to ease into it if I was going to be successful…
Well done, you!

(Renee Slaughter) #24

Haven’t yet but no coffee this morning. Weaning sounds about right