Light headed freaked me out...drank pickle juice

I tend to be super active I can’t sit still…so was cleaning house this morning and getting ready to leave to run errands and felt light headed and dizzy briefly… freaked me out then I initially thought oh crap what if I’m hypoglycemic (was as a teenager) I ate 4 pieces of bacon this morning and my coconut oil in my coffee…did a bit of looking on here and thought hmm maybe electolytes? So I chugged a 1/4th of a jar of pickles juice :joy:…I’ve been peeing every hour on the hour and up 3-4 times a night … going to pick up broth too… also I take a multi vitamin … dang is this normal? Should I still be concerned about blood sugar? Haven’t had any issues with BS since a teen and usually have great response on low carb! Sorry to be a pain and ask so many questions!

(Mike W.) #2

Do you have a meter to test your BG?

Thinking about picking one up lol

(AnnaLeeThal) #4

I would keep up on electrolytes proactively. Maybe make a “ketoaid” drink and sip that through the morning. It would have sodium, potassium, and magnesium in it.

I like that do you use one? Are there any recipes?

(AnnaLeeThal) #6

Well bought magnesium citrate which scares me lol :joy: I’ve had horror stories drinking a whole bottle… I made the mixture but only had regular table salt :confused: will this not work the same? Regardless am drinking it as I type :joy:

Uhhggg seems to be getting worse :pensive::pensive::pensive: really don’t like this I feel dizzy and almost black out like I forced myself to eat more veggies some mushrooms and spinach ate more fat ate some ground beef chugged the Keto aid I made earlier and am sipping broth … I don’t know what to do :confused: kinda worried …

Have you tried increasing your fat intake? Think you might find that will help. When new to Keto it’s a difficult mindset to shift to high fat and often in the first few weeks fat intake is too low and we battle the CICO brainwash!

(Guardian of the bacon) #10

If you’re worried, BG monitors are pretty cheap for peace of mind. I’ve had good luck with the RE-LI ON brand that walmart sells and the strips are the cheapest.

As others said make sure you are eating enough, especially fat. It can be a difficult transition because we have been brainwashed our entire life that fat is bad. FAT IS LIFE!!! Embrace it!.

:slight_smile: I think I’m eating enough around 15-1700 calories a day! I woke up this morning feeling ok but I notice when I get up fast I can feel my heart pounding for a few moments lol weird but that’s what it feels like is that blood pressure?

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

I sometimes wonder if we are simply more in tune with our bodies reactions to different situations because we are paying attention? We know we are making major changes in our diet and or exercise routine and we subonsciencely are paying more attention to our bodily functions.

lol I agree I feel almost crazy have a light but not bad headache and just feel blah …but drinking the Keto aid recommended above and broth lol and vitamins!

(Cathy) #14

Just wanted to say that I LOVE pickle juice. I usually only drink it in the summer but it does wonders! Hope you are feeling better.

(eat more) #16

my first instinct based on symptoms and your graph are to suspect that your protein is too low…prob calories as well…creating too much of a deficit before fat adaptation BUT…that’s without knowing your stats…
what calculator did you use? how great of a deficit are you following?

(Guardian of the bacon) #17

Hard to read off a graph of only %. 82% of what? 10 or 75…makes a huge difference. That’s why I dislike macro %. I prefer to go straight up grams.

(Kathy Meyer) #18

Are you checking your blood pressure and pulse?

(eat more) #19

if you zoom the pic the grams are listed to the right of the macro
12g carb (blue)
132g fat (red)
51g protein (green)

(Guardian of the bacon) #20

My bad, on my phone. I apologize.