(Robert Kuhar) #1

Lemon Lavender Ricotta Pancakes

Makes: 2 large pancakes

2 med - Eggs
2 tbsp - Ricotta
½ cup - Almond Flour
½ tsp - Baking Powder
2 tbsp - Lemon Juice (¼ tsp extract)
1 sm sprig - Lavender Flower (¼ tsp extract)
½ tbs - Vanilla Extract

Sauce:
50 - Blueberries
5 - Strawberries

1. Med/ Low heat use a small pan to start cooking down the berries. Stir occasionally and add a splash of water if sauce becomes too thick. Cook to preferred consistency.

2. In a mixing bowl or blender add all the batter ingredients in any order. Blend or mix until smooth.

3. Heat a nonstick pan a medium heat. Add a small amount oil if your pan is old or scratched.

4. Flip once golden brown. Add sauce and butter. Enjoy.

Macros: https://www.nutritionvalue.org/nutritioncalculator.php?id_0=1123&serving_0=1+large+%3D+50+g&amount_0=1&id_1=12062&serving_1=1+tbsp+%3D+9.1+g&amount_1=8&id_2=1036&serving_2=1+ounce+%3D+28.3495+g&amount_2=2&id_3=18371&serving_3=.5+tsp+%3D+2.5+g&amount_3=1&id_4=9152&serving_4=1+fl+oz+%3D+30.5+g&amount_4=1&id_5=2050&serving_5=1+tsp+%3D+4.2+g&amount_5=.5&meal_name=Lemon+Lavender+Ricotta+Pancakes+by+The+Keto+Chef&servings=1

(Karen Mayrand) #2

They look delicious! I have lavender oil. I wonder if I can use it in these instead of the extract?

(Robert Kuhar) #3

definitely!

(Jay AM) #4

Do you mean lavender essential oil? Usually essential oils are labeled something something don’t ingest. However, I believe lavender is GRAS (generally recognized as safe). Which means you could use some. But, don’t mix it in where it would cook because it’ll just go away. A couple drops mixed with something cold to top with would be good.

Don’t use random brands of essential oils though. Lavender is one of the most adulterated essential oils. It’s a whole thing in the industry. A brand like Mountain Rose Herbs would be good. The regular MLM brands like Young Living and doTerra, use at your own risk. And, make sure they aren’t mixed with some odd alcohol ingredient.

If you mean an oil containing lavender sprigs or, an oil that was mixed with an essential oil like olive, sunflower, coconut, etc. And you trust their sources for consumption, the oil can be used cold and would be tastier mixed with something like heavy whipping cream. It’d be good to start with a teaspoon and go from there or 1/4 tsp if it’s heavily flavored.

If you mean an oil you’d pour into a scent warmer, don’t ingest. I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that you don’t mean that but, I covered all my bases. I like to cook with lemon and rosemary essential oils to finish because one drop goes a long way.

(Karen Mayrand) #5

I mean a lavendar infused cooking oil. It’s olive oil with lavendar. Here is a link to the product I am talking about. https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-180001/A+LOlivier+Lavender+Infused+Olive+Oil

(Robert Kuhar) #6

Very true. Well, I buy food grade, organic. Perhaps “extract” was the wrong word in retrospect. Because you are right, they use some gross processes to extract non food grade oils. Like impregnating with butane before pressing the oil out!