Lectured by a Vegan 🙄 What other ways has Keto improved your health/ life?

(Todd Allen) #41

For producing nitrogen/ammonia based fertilizer in the US I’m pretty sure natural gas is by far the main feedstock. Coal is probably number two. Oil is too valuable for transportation and certain chemicals and it’s role in fertilizer and electric power production is small and shrinking.

(Leslie) #42

Wow, that’s not what I expected. I guess I should vette my fertilizer.

Every argument with vegan can be instantly won by saying the B word.

“Hurr durr animal murder derp red meat cancer blah blah cow farts climate blah hurr blah do humans sniff each others butts? blah blah muh China study durrr…”

“BACON!”

Vegan = 0 Keto = 1

(Terence Dean) #44

Depends if the Duck took kick-boxing lessons. Never turn your back on a Duck that’s wearing a black-belt. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jacquelyn Graham) #45

Soil is nourished using bone and blood meal. Vegan my Aunt Fanny.

(Edith) #46

A good point is made in “The Magic Pill” about all the damage done to the environment by farming. I think being armed with that kind of knowledge makes a good offense/defense.

(Sandra) #47

I know vegans who are keto. To me the two are not separate. True vegans and their beliefs are fine. I am VERY grateful I am ok eating an animal (except my dog). Keto is about the fat so I just turn the conversation to the fat and how it heals the body. How much we need it and I ask them why they are opposed to good healthy fat…

You are WAY too reasonable. I prefer to turn the conversation to why they should take up hunting.

There’s always someone to rain on our keto parade.

(Kirk) #50

‘How to handle an encounter with a vegan’. By Ms Manners

1 - listen to their drivel politely. One day you too might be brain damaged, show some empathy.

2 - When you can tolerate no more, take one step back and gaze at them head to toe appraisingly.

3 - Say “You ought to dress out to about 100 pounds of usable meat.”

(Raj Seth) #51

@Farback. You’re killing me! I spilled my coffee in bed. I’m gonna end you the cleaning bill​:joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

(Ellen Nathan) #52

First and foremost, Veganism is NOT a healthy diet. You MUST supplement B12 or you could get sick or die. There multiple stories of idiot people that are Vegans (not that all Vegans are idiots) that go into the diet completely uninformed.

and there are more. The reality is that Veganism is not a complete diet for humans.
They typically have mutliple arguments and some are true.
Meat is unsustainable: True and False True if you McMeat the cattle in feed lots, False if you graze the animals which give back to the earth, help grasses grow, contribute to the feeding of grass and plants with manure.
Meat is Murder, seriously? No it isn’t All animals have a life span, and humans have eaten animals since the beginning of time. Raising animals inhumanely is insanely wrong, so animals should be raised to walk around and have a decent life. Same for egg laying hens.
If you do not supplement this diet you will get sick and ruin your health. This fact alone says that the diet is unhealthy.
Veganism has no historical value or proof that humans can survive long term on a Vegan diet.

“In the long term, the absence of all animal-based foods can take a toll, as certain nutrients cannot be obtained from the plant kingdom. Carnosine, carnitine, taurine, retinol, vitamin D3, conjugated linoleic acid and long-chained omega-3 fats are examples. B12 deficiency is also very common among vegans.
After six or seven years, the B12 stored in your liver will be completely exhausted, at which point you may start to experience serious neurodegenerative diseases. There are many documented cases of blindness from B12 deficiency, as well as other neurological disorders.” Source: https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/09/25/veganism.aspx

The bottom line is simple, it is very disrespectful to approach you like that. And it is wrong to judge others when you feel you are smugly superior (and dead wrong).

I have found the best answers is “ do what works for you and I do what works for me”. Especially to an eye roller.

Keto doesn’t work for everybody. Not everybody needs it.

Before I tried Keto (which I had to adapt to my body in a lot of different ways) I ate the same thing my husband ate. He is in great health, slim and trim. I on the other hand was overweight inflamed, high blood pressure and more.

It’s not for everybody

(Michelle Barry) #54

When I first started my journey to regain control of my health , after a bad experience with a program that called itself “Keto”( but I now know it was just “low carb Hell” )… I tried vegetarian/ vegan for 5 solid months because I bought into the “plant based lifestyle” hype all over the internet that it’s better to stave off cancer and disease etc…i was suffering so badly from my symptoms from eating standard American diet that i was desperately searching for those “magic beans” to heal myself … i joined a fitness group, became a coach and started preaching the evils of “Keto” diets as I drank my high protein, low fat , high sugar/carb and ludicrously expensive vegan shakes and ate my pulses, grains, fruits and veggies. Well I actually got even MORE SICK and even more overweight, I was so puffy and bloated , my digestive issues were severely inflamed, I was constantly tired and hungry, fantasizing about food and got sugar cravings which severely triggered my disordered binge eating issues, depression and anxiety . I didn’t know what it was at the time but I had severe “brain fog” with issues of forgetfulness and word recollection in conversations, these things were bad before with S.A.D. Diet but for me this way made it all severely WORSE!!
Once I found the right way to do Keto my health has vastly improved.
So basically I pity the Vegan that gets up in my face because they get this story every time, lol. I say “thank you so much for your concern for my health u are so nice! But I have tried it myself at length and it personally made me sicker and since doing this I don’t have all those horrible symptoms and this works best for me! We are all bio individuals and what works best for us is not all the same “ I am apparently a “Keto Snowflake not a “Vegan snowflake “ . :heart:

(Terence Dean) #55

I’ve just seen an Attenborough documentary on plants that suggests that they can hear and transmit sound through their root systems. Which means they may be able to communicate among themselves, does this mean they may have feelings and therefore we shouldn’t be eating plants as well? OMG what are Vegans gonna do now?!!!

(CharleyD) #56

If we don’t get a handle on the vegans, The Happening movie may end up being the best-case scenario for survival of the human race.

:scream::dizzy_face:

I used to be vegan back in the day, I still have the same objections about large-scale food animal production practices. I think the issue with this guy isn’t that he’s a vegan but that he’s a proselytizer. Proselytizers, especially the ones that can’t take a hint, are annoying no matter what they’re talking about.

(Terence Dean) #58

Must watch that movie…yeah well if the crazies get their way, we’ll all be shopping for synthetic food online. All our food made by combining elements and sold in tubes or tablets. Red tablet for protein, white for dairy intake, green for fibre, yellow for Vitamins, Blue water requirement. Really looking forward to that!

(Nathan Hall) #59

Nah, they’ll perfect the recipe for Solulent Green before too long.

(Sophie) #60

“Soylent Green Is People”!!! :scream: