Lectured by a Vegan 🙄 What other ways has Keto improved your health/ life?

(Alec) #21

I will live longer.

(Robyn Wroot) #22

Hello everyone,
I’m new here but I enjoy being able to give my reasons why keto is awesome. My skin, hair and nails are more healthy and strong! I don’t get menstrual cramps anymore because I don’t clot. My teeth are whiter, probably because BPC doesn’t let coffee stains stick. Lol
I feel so much better all around and I’ve almost shrunken out of my belt! You might want to ask that Vegan if he has tried keto. Have a great day everyone.

(matt ) #23

“Shame ham”. Love it!!

No animal is harmed by eating eggs or dairy, so that get past the ethical issue. And eating high fat helps to control insulin response so I feel full and I eat less of more nutrient rich foods and that saves the planet.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #25
  • Carbburners exhale more CO2 … so much for saving the environment… :sunglasses:
  • The lack of B vitamins can cause defects in their children.
  • Show me a Vegan (or better 10) that has been Vegan for more than 10 years and still looks healthy.
  • Soyproduction destroys rainforests. Grassfed beef doesn’t
  • The “water needed to produce a pound of beef” is not lost but “recycled” so that argument is bogus.
    EDIT: Reply to the argument about evolution theory saying that “Monkeys are vegetarian or vegan”
    They all eat insects, so NO. (They do not only eat bananas as TV makes us believe) and Chimpanzees even hunt for rodents or other small primates when given the chance or having the need to.
    zoology nerd out

favourite argument is actually a podcast episode:

But generally I reply:
“You do you, I do me. There is no way we will come to an agreement, so let’s change subjects…
I do not discuss my lifestyle and eating habit choices. I ask you to respect that as I will respect your point of view.”
“reality is a result of your own personal experience, there is no such thing as right or wrong”

It really depends who you are talking to and what your goal is. :smiley:

(Alec) #26

I’d like to tell the vegan that the main benefit of being keto is that I can eat bacon. I am sure they would be very happy! :rofl:

(Jay AM) #27

Animals are harmed in all industrial food creation processes. There’s a reason cage free eggs and grass fed cow’s milk is popular. I’m not going to go into gory details. All animal based products that come from the big industries involve harm to an animal in some way.

(Allie) #28

@Daves_Not_Here might want to join this discussion… :joy:

I see you have missed my point, but that is ok

(Kirk) #30

Being lectured by a vegan is like being kicked to death by a duck.

(Jay AM) #31

If a duck was kicking me to death, I’d just take it. There’s definitely a low point to be achieved before a duck is going to be trying to kill you with its feet lol.

(Shantanu) #32

Comparing well cooked bacon to bulgar wheat is downright mean. And the perfect response to increasing levels of vegan religiosity. Whatever floats your boat but stop telling me that I’m destroying the planet while you eat Tofurkey, an abomination if there is ever one. Sadly, the argument around highest ever levels of HDL and lowest ever levels of TG isn’t compelling enough against ‘faith based’, feel-good veganism.

(Leslie) #33

That is the greatest film ever produced! And, yes, she was forced to admit that being a vegan did not jive with her ethics because of all the dead animals used in growing fruit and veggies. I was just thinking the same thing!
I have relatives that are vegans, they have no idea. Even those who grow their own(not my relatives), still have to put nitrogen based fertilizer on the soil and nitrogen comes exclusively from animals.

The planet is being ruined for sure and the demand for imported fruit and vegetables is definitely contributing to this problem. In the United States the soil on which these foods are grown has become nutrient depleted and the vegetables produced are not as nutritious as they could be. I like to supplement with sea veggies and blue green algae, just FYI, I don’t know why I threw that in there

Anyway, it’s possible for anybody to get zealous about their way of life and think that makes it ok to push it on others. I try to keep this in mind anytime someone wants to tell me how to eat. They are entitled to their opinion. I do wish that they would take more time to do the research first

How funny! I believe that the best defense is a good offense, and anyone who would deign to subject someone to a unsolicited moralistic lecture in a social situation invites an appropriate response:

• I would eat vegan but I’m afraid of turning into an insufferable vegan scold
  • I love getting unsolicited lectures from astrologers, numerologists, palm-readers, environmentalists, and vegans
  • The best part of eating Keto is that it pisses off vegans
  • Keto increases and improves global warming, much to the benefit of Minnesotans in the winter
  • Veganism leads to constipation (“what?”) – intellectual constipation
  • I eat a modified vegan diet – I substitute the fruit with bacon and ribeyes
  • I try to benefit vegans by increasing CO2 emissions to enable plants to thrive
  • I avoid eating vegan because I’m comfortable with my biological gender
  • (in response to any mention of Atkins) - That’s Dr. Atkins to you
  • Problem with being vegan is when you go hunting, there’s nothing to shoot
  • I went to Whole Foods the other day - that place was infested with vegans
  • I used to be a vegan, but I learned how to constructively deal with my anger
  • I used to eat red meat. I still eat red meat, but I used to eat red meat too.

(karen) #35

Lierre Keith. She wrote The Vegetarian Myth, which is an over the top pro-meat book. I say over the top because she used to be a vegan and IIR unfortunately one of her first arguments is that vegetables have feelings so it’s just as cruel to eat plants as animals, which makes it extremely difficult to keep reading, but if you persevere almost everything else she says about why to ditch Veganism makes sense. She’s not that different from Joel Salatin, with an idea of everything feeding everything else, and where different animals including humans naturally fall on the food chain when Big Food doesn’t interfer.

(karen) #36

The basic premise here is that all animals should be free to live their lives totally unthreatened and without interacting with humans, including reproduction. It’s not just about eating a face, some vegans won’t even eat honey because that is ‘stealing from bees’.

I think the spiritual roots of veganism are actually what bother me the most. To me it just seems like both ignorance and arrogance to worship a paradigm that doesn’t acknowledge that we are animals and have a biological place in the food chain (and that place is not grazing on grass or tofu.) Humane raising and killing, yes aabsolutely. No killing? That’s not what omnivores are.

(Kirk) #37

That’s a great rant.

(Raj Seth) #38

for real LOL’d reading this!
Thanks @Daves_Not_Here

(Todd Allen) #39

Protein is composed of amino acids and all amino acids have nitrogen as amine groups (-NH2). All DNA based life has protein - even plants. Composted plant matter is excellent fertilizer though I think the vast majority of fertilizer is made using nitrogen from the air via the Haber-Bosch process using energy and hydrogen from fossil fuels.

(Leslie) #40

Oh, that’s right. I misspoke. What is the primary source used by the fertilizer plants in their manufacturing of fertilizer? Just curious now