Laurel or Yanny?

(Ron) #1

I hear Laurel.
I am 60 years old.

And you???

(mags) #2

Laurel every time (61)

(TJ Borden) #3

I heard Yanny the first two times the voice said it, then it switched to Laurel. I thought they started with yanny then switched to laurel and it was just a stupid joke until I listened to the loop again and only heard laurel.

(Ron) #4

@Baytowvin - I find it interesting that you actually heard yanny in the beginning. I have tried to listen for yanny and just cannot hear anything even slightly. Laurel is so dominant and solid.:thinking:

(mags) #5

I agree. No idea how anyone can hear yanny

(TJ Borden) #6

Agreed. I was shocked when I didn’t hear it the second time around because the first time I would have sworn it was yanny just as strong as I now swear it’s laurel. I’ve played it a few times since trying to hear yanny, and I can’t.

(TJ Borden) #7

And 39… but also a carpenter and woodworker so my hearing is probably closer to 60s

(Ron) #8

My local news said it has to do with sound waves and how the brain interprets what the ears are hearing. They also suggest that as we age the ability to hear higher notes decreases and Yanny is in the higher register. Makes sense, that is why I posted my age. Thought we might get some Keto comparisons.:face_with_monocle:

I hear Laurel…

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #10

How are you getting Laurel out of Yanny?!
I think it’s a big conspiracy, I’ve only ever heard Yanny but my partner is convinced he is hearing both, lol.

(Jennifer ) #11

I hear both. :zipper_mouth_face:

I hear nothing by Yanny. I don’t see how anyone can hear Laurel. :slight_smile:

What I find curious is what I watch videos about it, the speakers in the video are saying both Yanny and Laurel, and I hear them say the two different words.

(RL) #14

Yanny.

I’m 45 year old male with tennitis.

(karen) #15

Laurel. I found this interesting for hearing what other people apparently hear.

(TJ Borden) #16

That’s some crazy shit. Much like the first time I listened, the first couple rounds sounded like yanny, then changed to laurel. Then I only heard yanny again with the bar all the way over. One notch towards laurel, and all I heard was laurel.

(Ron) #17

Pretty impressive (and crazy ) as @Baytowvin said, how you can hear both like that!:flushed::exploding_head::eyes:
Thing is when I slide it all the way to the yanny side it sounds like “Yaurl”. Never really ever hear Yanni.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

“. . . God bless the trains down in Africa . . .”

(Candy Lind) #19

OK, someone fill me in. I don’t know WTH y’all are talking about!

(TJ Borden) #20

I don’t think you need to blur when you abbreviate. :joy: